CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

chapter twenty three( the benefactor )

( the benefactor )

          The next morning has been slightly awkward. Sofia had remembered everything from the night before. She thought that if she didn't say anything, it would be fine.

"Do you like the color yellow" Derek, of course, had other plans.

Sofia, who had just walked out of her room, paused her steps, slightly confused, "Uh, sure."

Derek stood from his spot on the small couch and walked over to the girl, "I was just wondering cause, y'know, yellow is the new color of my eyes."

Sofia stayed silent, having a striking suspicion where this conversation was going. Derek tried to hide his sly smile, "And I wasn't sure if they were pretty."

Sofia sharply inhaled as the man started snickering. She tried to play it off, "What are you talking about?"

Derek smirked and gave the girl a look, "Okay, if that's how you wanna play it."

Sofia innocently shrugged before moving past the man to look for food.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

After a long, boring day, Derek got word from Stilinski about a supernatural attack. He informed Sofia and the two headed for Beacon Hills Memorial.

Stilinski had cleared the roof and jumped in surprise when Sofia and Derek appeared, "Uh, I guess you guys have been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this. Scott said he called himself a Wendigo?"

Sofia knew wendigo's all too well, "Ah, shit."

"Cannibalistic shapeshifters. But, I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden," Derek informed the sheriff.

Stilinski nodded, "So is this like a regular thing now?  Should I be expecting the presence of both of you when I only request one?"

Derek ignored the man, deep in thought. Sofia just gave the man a sarcastic smile and nodded.

Sofia noticed Derek looking off into the empty space, "What is it?"

Derek looked to Sofia before looking back at the sheriff, "How many people did Scott say were up here?"

Stilinski looked down in though for a moment, "Just Sean and the axe-murderer, who apparently has no mouth. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

Sofia's face scrunched at the thought of a man with no mouth. She had dealt with many people in her life but this was new.