CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

chapter thirty five ( perishable )

chapter thirty five
( perishable )

Braeden hadn't received any information out of Haigh in their first interrogation. Sofia hadn't been allowed in with the girl and was forced to watch through the two-way glass.

The next day, however, they decided to sneak Sofia in when no one was around. Most of the deputies were out or working on assignments.

Braeden led the girl into the small interrogation room where Haigh sat, chained to the desk. She walked closer to the man first, "Miss me?"

Haigh rolled his eyes before looking at Sofia, "Who are you?"

Sofia clicked her tongue and leaned against the table, "Now, I think you already know the answer to that.

"You're brave to walk around with a price tag like 12 million hanging off of you," Haigh tilted his head menacingly.

Sofia looked at Braeden in confusion and then down at Haigh, "12? It went up?"

Haigh simply shrugged before leaning back in his chair. A white bandage was over his nose. Sofia assumed it was the aftermath of his private session with Braeden.

"Listen, douchebag. We have some questions for you, and this time, you'll be a good little boy and answer them," Sofia leaned over the table, projecting her anger.

Haigh scoffed, "I don't have to answer shit. You can't do anything to me, not here."

The condescending smirk was enough for Sofia to take action. Without looking, she aimed her hand that rested by her side up at the security camera in the room. She sent a small enough wave out to crumble it to pieces.

As the smirk fell from Haigh's face, the one on Sofia's grew, "You were saying?"

Haigh looked around anxiously, "I don't know anything."

Sofia looked at Braeden, as if to ask permission for her next idea. Braeden stood with her arms crossed, watching the scene unfold. With one simple nod of her head, Sofia grabbed Haigh's arm.

"What are you doing?" Haigh's voice wavered from the pain he hadn't expected. Sofia stood focused on his arm. As her hold got tighter, the vibrations became stronger. Although she could easily break his bones, she held back. Just barely.

Haigh groaned from the agonizing pain of his bones slowly shaking, as if they could snap at any minute, "Okay, fine!"

Sofia dropped his arm and looked at Braeden who's smile matched hers. Braeden approached the table, "Now why don't you tell us what you know."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

After finding out someone was going after the kids at the bonfire, Sofia had rushed to call Derek and let him know. The two hadn't wasted a second in hurrying to the high school.