CHAPTER FORTY ONE

chapter forty one( smoke and mirrors )

chapter forty one
( smoke and mirrors )

The blaring sound of an alarm woke Sofia out of her deep trance. She looked around groggily and found Derek looking back at his door from his spot next to her. Sofia leaned over to look in the same direction.

"What is it?" She asked as she tried to wake herself up.

"I don't know," Derek quickly hopped out of bed and grabbed his gun, Sofia doing the same.

The rain continued to hail down against the giant window. Sofia held her gun out as she checked around the loft. She looked back to the door and noticed a shadow behind it.

"Derek," she whispered, nodding to the door.

The two slowly approached, weapons raised. They silently counted to three before Derek pulled the door back.

Standing behind the door was a soaked Lydia. She looked at the ground, unmoving.

"Lydia? What's wrong?" Sofia slowly walked towards the girl.

Lydia's head slowly raised. She looked at Derek before the banshee wail came pounding out of her throat.

The duo was flung back by the extreme force. Sofia tried to catch her footing but ultimately failed as her back collided with one of the structure beams.

Lydia stood there panting as the couple groaned in pain. Sofia hunched over on the floor as Derek tried to regain his stance.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Scott wants to borrow the loft tonight for a date with Kira," Derek told Sofia as the two sparred.

Sofia quickly dodged his punch before kicking his abdomen, "Aw that's so cute."

"Anyways, we have to be out for a couple hours," Derek caught her foot and threw it to the side.

Sofia yanked his arm forward and attempted to place him in a chokehold. She scoffed, "Why are you playing wingman? Do you even know how many times he's interrupted us?"

Derek leaned all his weight forward, making Sofia fly over his shoulder onto the ground. He pinned her collarbone down, "What are you talking about?"

"I believe the proper term is cock block," she tilted her head to the side.

Derek rolled his eyes at the girls antics, "You seem fine to me."

"That's what you think," Sofia clicked her tongue before using an energy blast to push Derek off. She used this to her advantage and straddled him.

This time Sofia was the one to hold Derek's arms down, "So, what? I'm supposed to just wander around town for a couple hours so Scott can get laid?"

"Actually, I was thinking we could go out."

Sofia was caught off guard. She removed her hold on his arms and sat up straighter, "Like a date?"

"Yeah, I guess," Derek's hands rested on her knees on either side of his body.

"Ew sentimental stuff," Sofia joked pretending to slap his chest. Derek snickered, sitting up.

"Shut up," he said before bringing her face to his, connecting their lips. Sofia's arms moved to his shoulders and deepened the kiss.

A knock sounded outside the loft, pulling the two apart. Sofia laughed and dropped her head to his shoulder, "If that's Scott, i'm actually gonna break his wrist."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia and Derek returned to the loft after their dinner out. It was weird for them at first but after enough drinks, they resumed their normalcy.

"What the hell happened?" Sofia said as she noticed the state of the loft.

"Scott!" Derek called out, receiving no answer. He looked around the loft while Sofia squatted down and observed the broken glass.

"What the hell happened?"

Sofia turned around as Stiles and his dad walked in the loft. She stood from her spot, "That's what I said."

"It was supposed to be a date," Derek walked back in the main room.

Noah Stilinski looked around the messed up room, Tthey were both here."

"And now they're both gone," Sofia actually felt pretty worried for the two teens.

Stiles reached for his phone as it began to ring. He began talking with someone about Scott being taken. Sofia could only assume it was Deaton or Lydia.

Stiles looked up as he hung his phone up, "Mexico."

Sofia squinted her eyes, "You've got to be shitting me."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

i have big evil plans for the mexico fight and i'm finishing writing it rn hehe

sofia and derek are so cute and i can't wait to
break their hearts🥰

big thank you to everyone who's still reading this story and my personal updates. i adore you all so so much mwah<3

thanks for reading!!
hope you enjoyed <33