CHAPTER THREE

chapter three(galvanize)

chapter three
(galvanize)

          "No way in hell," Sofia shook her head repeatedly as Braeden neared. The girl's sole focus, however, lay on the two men behind her.

"Not you again," the shriveling voice of Peter Hale whined. Sofia tried her hardest to keep her anger in check. Pulling Braeden to the side, she began to search for answers.

"Hey, I told you that you wouldn't like my assignment," Braeden held her hands up in fake surrender.

Sofia pinched the bridge of her nose, deep in thought. "How did you even get them out?," she paused, "And who's paying you for this?"

Braeden simply held a smug smirk in return, "Magic babe, and you know that's confidential."

Sofia had to turn away for a moment and rub her forehead. With a sigh, she faced Braeden once more, "Braeden, you know exactly what Peter did to my family. You really expect me to help him escape pain-free?" Sofia looked towards the mentioned man, only to see him quickly looking away from her direction.

"I know you don't like it whenever I say this but it needs to be said. As douchey, arrogant, and two-faced that man is- " Braeden was suddenly cut off.

"You ladies do know I can hear you right?" Peter yelled across the short distance.

The two girls turned towards him in unison, "Shut up!"

"Anyways, as bad of a person he might be, I don't think he killed your mom. I also don't think that you truly believe he killed her either. So don't think of this as helping the man who may have hurt your mother, think of it as finally getting answers to all your questions."

Sofia houghed and stomped back over to the men in waiting with Braeden. "Alright, chances are Araya has already alerted half the town about your disappearance. Sofia here is our best chance of leaving undetected."

"Yeah uh no," Peter spoke. Sofia reached in Braeden's jacket and pulled out a 9 millimeter. She quickly turned and shot Peter in the foot. Peter immediately hobbled back and grabbed his foot.

"What the hell?!"

Sofia shook her shoulders out and handed Braeden the gun back, "Alright I feel better. This way," she ran off, Braeden following.

"Hello? A little help here!" Peter shouted but the girls kept moving. He turned to Derek who held an amused look. "She shot me."

"I saw," Derek said before following suit.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

The group had finally made it back to the Hale loft after a never-ending silence-filled trip. Each person doing their own thing. Braeden using the bathroom, Peter coddling his severed finger, Derek calling Scott, and Sofia freaking out as per usual. The young woman stood at the giant window staring out. Her mind was in a race with itself.

How long before they notice she's gone? Have they already noticed? Would they come after her? What is she supposed to do now? Where will she stay? Why is Braeden taking so long to pee?

Derek returned to the room after his phone call. Sofia looked up and they locked eyes almost immediately. Both clearly going through their own confusing thoughts at the moment. Braeden entered the room, breaking their stare.

"Alright I'm out of here," she started for the door.

Sofia immediately rushed to stop her, "Woah woah, wait a damn minute. You're just gonna leave me in this town by myself? What am I supposed to do?"

Braeden looked away in deep thought. She looked towards Derek for a moment and turned back to Sofia with a worrisome smile. "You helped them. They'll help you."

"Excuse me?"

"What?"

"She shot me."

Sofia, Derek, and Peter spoke at the same time. Braeden cleared her throat and moved so she could face Derek and Peter. "Let's face it, you both would be dead now if it wasn't for Sofia. My job was to get Derek out, not ensure his safe travels home," she paused, "she doesn't know anyone outside Mexico and needs somewhere to stay. You clearly have the space so it's settled."

"Braeden, you expect me to live with the man who killed my mother," Sofia spat nastily at Peter.

"Listen. I told you earlier, I do not even know who your mother is," Peter said exasperatedly.

Sofia narrowed her eyes, "So you say."

Peter threw his arms up dramatically, "What do you want from me? I'm telling the truth, is that so hard to believe?"

"Yes," all three people in the room said.

"Okay, you know what!" Peter said with a theatrical tone, "Are we forgetting what happened earlier today? She shot me!"

"You deserved it."

"I'm done. Nope. I can't handle this right now. I've got enough to deal with thanks to your family," Peter waved his severed finger in the air before storming off.

"Okay I really have to go now," Braeden started for the door once more.

Sofia followed after again, "Brae," she said with worry.

"Sofia, you will be fine. I'll come visit as soon as I can, okay? I promise," Braeden hugged the worried girl.

"I-" Sofia tried to protest but Braeden was halfway out the door.

"Love you," she shouted before disappearing completely.

Awkward silence immediately filled the room. Sofia slowly looked up at Derek only to find his eyes already on her.

"So," she started uncomfortably, "I can find someplace else to stay."

Dereks face contorted in thought, "Uh, it's fine. I mean, if you need to stay here you can."

Sofia knew deep down that she felt like they owed it to her. She certainly wasn't gonna fight them on a free place to stay just because she might be considered 'rude'.

"Okay well-" she started before Peter re-entered the room.

"Can we focus on me now hmm?" Peter once again waved his severed finger around.

Derek and Sofia rolled their eyes in unison.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

haleshoe is typing...

this chapter is kinda short sorryyyy
but next chapter will actually get into following the episode plots more

i also hate this chapter but it's okay

whenever i free write an actual character (like derek and peter yknow) i'm worried that i write them completely wrong. like that they would never say or do sm i write them to. anyways that's my mini rant for today haha

thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed <3