CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

chapter thirty four( perishable )

chapter thirty four
( perishable )

          It had been a couple days since Sofia started teaching Derek about guns. Ever since, things have been different between the two.

Stolen glances were turned to stolen kisses, physical proximity seemed closer than ever, and the air felt lighter. Sofia knew things had changed, and she hadn't minded it. Her and Derek seemed to be at an in-between state.

Sometime during the afternoon, Scott and Lydia had brought Parrish to Derek's loft. Scott tried his best to explain the situation to both Sofia and Derek.

"So, let me get this straight," Sofia was the first to state everyone's confusion. "This deputy guy basically smothered you in gasoline?"

Parrish nodded as Derek continued examining his hands. Lydia looked down at Jordan's arms, "It's the hair and nails, isnt it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

Derek nodded, "Well, they should be gone."

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone," Parrish panicked.

"Not necessarily," Sofia looked between Derek and Parrish.

"What do you mean?"

"Not if you're like us," Scott finally spoke.

"Like you?" Parrish's confusion relented.

Derek looked towards Scott, "I don't think he's like us."

Sofia grabbed Parrish's arms to look at them one more time, "He's definitely something."

"But what?" Lydia persisted.

"Sorry," Derek apologized. "I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira," Scott was trying to stay optimistic.

Derek blew out a breath, "This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the beastiary. Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." Scott turned to Sofia, "Have you talked to him recently?"

Sofia tried to think back, "Uh, no, not that I can think of."

"Ok, hold on." Parrish interrupted.  "What's a beastiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia?"

Sofia, Derek, and Scott all exchanged a glance of confusion before looking at Lydia. Parrish spoke again before anyone could ask what he meant, "Are you all psychic?"

Sofia couldn't help the quiet snicker that left her body, "Psychic?"

"Yeah," Parrish answered like it was obvious.

"Not exactly," Scott wasn't sure how to explain everything.

Parrish looked between each of the supernatural beings, "Okay. Then what are you?"