CHAPTER EIGHT

chapter eight(letharia vulpina)

chapter eight
(letharia vulpina)

"Well this is fun," Sofia huffed as she yanked on the handcuff trapping her to the bench. The girl along side Derek and Chris had been taken to the police station.

Argent looked around the room, "I don't suppose you have any idea why Stiles would frame us for murder?"

"I didn't think Stiles was smart enough to frame us for murder," Derek answered readjusting his position. Sofia lightly nudged Derek with her shoulder. The small bench left Derek semi squished between her and Argent.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that's why we're here," Chris said a little quieter.

Sofia leaned forward in order to see the man, "What do you mean?"

She tried to lean closer to the other side of the bench to hear him better. Derek was pushed over by this action and he tried to shove her back. The two placed their attention on Chris as he explained.

"McCall is going to come out here any minute and probably talk attorneys," he paused and looked down, "Say you've agreed to allow mine to represent the both of you,"

Sofia nodded but Derek persisted, "Why should I trust your attorney?"

Argent reluctantly turned his head to the wolf, "Because I'm not calling my attorney yet. I just want more time."

Sofia attempted to lean over once more, "More time to do what?" She ignored Derek's shoves and focused on the man.

"To figure out what we're really doing here."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia wasn't sure how much time had passed. The three had been sitting for a while when she had slightly dozed off. She watched Derek twist his handcuffs around a little.

"I could easily get out of these you know."

"So could I. But I'm not interested in being a fugitive from the law," Argent retorted.

"Well, I'm not interested in being a victim to a 17-year-old possessed by a psychotic fox," Derek said with annoyance.

"Just give me a few more minutes," Chris pleaded. Derek, ignoring the man, started to pull his hands up.

"Derek!" Chris spat.

Derek reluctantly laid his hands back down, "Fine. If something happens, don't expect me to risk my life trying to save yours."

The two men looked away from one another in anger. Sofia leaned back against the wall, "Not that anyone asked, but I could get out of these too."

Derek and Chris looked over at the same time. They held the same facial expression which Sofia took to mean 'not the time'. She shrugged and opened her eyes as if to say 'it's true'.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Suddenly, the officers started running around the station. Some were rushing to make calls and others were searching the area. The three handcuffed to the bench looked at each other as the officers continued their panicked running.

An older guy in police uniform ran to the bench and quickly started unlocking the three. Argent tried to question what was happening but was ignored. Sofia looked at Derek who was focused on something behind them.

"Derek?" She questioned as her restraints were lifted. The wolf in question ignored her and focused on the office. Sofia looked in that direction and noticed a small brown box on the desk.

"Get down!" Derek yelled in realization. He quickly pushed Argent behind one of the desks with his wolf strength and tackled Sofia to the floor so he was covering her body.

Sofia heard the explosion before she felt it. A loud ear shattering sound came as a heavy force hit the two. Sofia felt shards of glass fall around her, a few landing in her arm.

After a minute or so, everyone was brought back to reality. The injured hobbled around as more officers and citizens flooded in to help. Sofia slowly looked around and was faced with complete destruction.

A heavy weight was lifted off of her and she suddenly remembered Derek. He was slowly pulling himself up and she quickly moved to help him.

Sofia helped stabilize the man and noticed the hundreds of glass shards in his back. "Oh my god, Derek."

"I'm okay," he said breathing heavily. He repeated it a few more times as Sofia continued to observe the damage on his body.

She looked up at the injured man, "You saved my life." He looked down at the girl and tried to focus. Without warning, Sofia pulled him into a hug. He grunted in slight pain and she moved back to apologize.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Haleshoe is typing...

IMPORTANT — okay i really need you guys to comment for this! for the mature content parts what do y'all want? do you guys just want like fade to black scenes or details or somewhere in between? lemme know please cuz i'm working on one of the future chaps rn :)
PLEASE AND TYYY

short chapter but more updates coming this week!

this was honestly one of my fav chapters to write and i had to restrain myself from adding another section and putting their first kiss in it oops

thank you for reading! hope you enjoyed <3