CHAPTER FOURTEEN

chapter fourteen(divine move)

chapter fourteen
(divine move)

"Why are you doing this?" Mireya asked weakly as she tried to raise herself onto her elbows.

"I am only doing what needs to be done," the unknown person said as they leaned down towards the injured woman.

Mireya swung her legs around and knocked the person to the floor. She shakily stood and leaned against the cement pillar. Mireya looked down at her bloody hands and continued to apply pressure to her largest wound.

"You can't do this," Mireya managed as the person stood back up.

"But I can," they said before pulling another gun out and firing one last shot at the woman.

Sofia had returned to the loft and was currently crying in the bathroom. Her breathing became so heavy it felt as if her throat was swollen. Blurred spots and lines appeared in her eyesight and she wiped her sweaty palms on her pants.

Sofia hadn't felt like this for awhile and it became overwhelming. She pulled her knees up and placed her head between her hands, resting on her knees. She slowly started counting out loud.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia begrudgingly made her way out of the room and saw Derek talking to the twins. The girl felt her phone chime and looked down to see a text from Argent. He told her to get to the penthouse as soon as possible.

She looked back up and noticed Derek making his way over. "We know where they are so we're heading to the school."

"Argent just texted me to meet him," Derek nodded at her words.

The twins had already left the room and Derek was walking out. He paused his steps and turned partially around, "Be careful."

Sofia held back a small smile as she called back, "You too."

When Sofia had made it to Argents, she was informed that they had figured out a way to kill the oni. She helped them load all their stuff and they headed for the high school.

Under a small overpass, Derek and the twins were fighting a couple of the oni. From what Sofia could see, they were losing very badly.

Argent shot a silver arrow into one of the oni from above. Everyone watched as the creature slowly vanished into a cloud of smoke.

One of the oni had started to fight one of the twins again and Sofia shot a couple rounds, hoping to deter the creature. She laid eyes on Derek's wolf face that stared back at her. Unconsciously forgetting who it really was underneath, Sofia started to fire at him as well.

Luckily, Argent intervened before anything bad could happen. He grabbed Sofia's wrist and tugged her in his direction. She looked up at the man.

"What the hell was that?" he asked in an agitated voice.

"I-" Sofia lightly stuttered in worry at her actions, not able to give Argent an answer. He dropped her arms and focused back on the oni.

Sofia dropped to the ground level where the fight was happening. She tried to focus only on the oni. There was only one left.

Aiden ran for the last silver arrow but the oni was putting up a tough fight. Sofia looked down at her palms and tried to concentrate on them.

"C'mon," she mumbled to herself as she forcefully tried to make the energy move from within. She finally felt that familiar tingle in her hands. The blurry energy started to form visibly in her palms.

Sofia attempted what she had seen the nogitsune do. She pushed her palms together and attempted to combine the energy into a ball-like form. The vibrations shook her hands as she placed her attention on the oni. With a movement of her hands, she pushed the energy wave towards the creature with extreme force.

The oni was thrown back to where Aiden had the silver arrow. Sofia didn't notice Derek and Chris's matching expressions of disbelief at what they had witnessed.

Aiden bent over to stab the creature. As it disappeared into the air, Aiden pulled back to reveal a sword sticking out of his stomach. The boy slowly pulled it out and fell to the ground.

Derek and Ethan ran to the bloody teenager and kneeled beside him. Aiden had tears spilling from his eyes and dark blood dripping down his chin.

"Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?" Aiden managed with a broken voice.

Ethan held the boy, "Yeah,"

"It's okay," he cried. Ethan nodded with a sad chuckle and leaned his head against his twin.

Sofia's eyes watered at the scene and she leaned against Argent. The older man wrapped his arm around her shoulder in comfort.

"Lydia never believed I was one of the good guys anyway," Ethan laughed through his tears. Sofia felt physically ill at Aiden's sentiment.

Derek, who had been terribly quiet, spoke up, "She'll believe me."

Aiden's breathing became raggedy and short. Ethan held the boy and sobbed as his twin faded away.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Haleshoe is typing...

FIRST OF ALL TYSM FOR 9K READS I LOVE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS STORY MWAH

yw for that fun little flashback of mireyas death :)

okay so we're technically done w season 3 in terms of episodes. there is gonna be at least one other chapter before season 4 starts!

IMPORTANT — okay so i had someone suggest that i should write about Mireya. Is that something anyone would be interested in? It wouldn't be another book but I could add another section when i'm done with the book and it would be a couple chapters from Mireya's life. Let me know!

thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed <3