CHAPTER ELEVEN

chapter eleven(de-void)

chapter eleven
(de-void)

"Sofia?" the teenage boy questioned as he turned to face her with a sad expression. "I'm scared."

And just like that, she knew there was no trace of Stiles present in the boy before her. Sofia was equivalent to a stranger when it came to Stiles. Someone he definitely wouldn't be vulnerable around.

"It's gonna be okay," she falsely reassured. "I'll call your dad right now."

Sofia reached in her pocket to grab her phone. She looked down for a split second and back up to realize the nogitsune was right in front of her. Stiles tightly gripped her wrist holding the phone.

"I don't think you will," he said in a menacing tone. The phone clattered out of her hand and to the floor as she felt the pressure on her wrist.

Suddenly the vibrations started again. Sofia didn't fight them this time. She watched in awe as a line of energy burst out of her palm and into the spirit, sending him back. She tried to conceal her shock and shook out her wrist.

As Sofia noticed the void boy returning to his feet, she attempted another energy wave. She followed Deaton's instructions and tried to focus. Sofia could feel the energy forming in her palms again and aimed for the nogitsune.

This time, however, the dark spirit had somehow managed to catch the energy in his hands. He had formed it into a ball and gave the girl a smug smile. Before Sofia knew what was happening, Stiles threw the energy ball back at the girl with more force.

She flew across the loft and hit the wall with heavy impact. Her entire body ached from the combined force of the brick and energy field. Sofia tried to push herself up only to feel the voided boy's presence. His hand wrapped around her head and applied immense pressure. Sofia couldn't help but grunt in pain at the uncomfortable sensation.

"You're not part of my plan," Stiles whispered, the smirk never leaving his face. All while still squeezing, the nogitsune bounced her head back on the brick.

Sofia watched as the world around her blurred further and further. She soon descended into darkness.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"You think there's any reason why my name's on the King?" Derek, Stilinski, and the Argents were currently in Stiles's room examining the messy chessboard.

"Well, you're heavily guarded. Though I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate," Stilinski explained as he looked up at Derek.

Argent observed the set once more, "It's not a message from Stiles. It's a threat from the nogitsune."

"He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us," Allison said to the group.

"And he wants us to come there," Chris added.

"Night's falling."

Argent hesitantly looked towards the others, "This couldn't sound anymore like a trap."

Stilinski and Chris went back and forth for a minute or so about what to do. Derek was too deep in thought to listen.

"Wait a minute," the wolf interrupted gaining their attention. "Did you say he's at the loft?"

"Yeah, why?" Allison asked the man.

Derek took a sharp inhale, "Sofia's there."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Stilinski had entered the loft and attempted to handcuff his 'son'. The older man's focus was entirely on Stiles, therefore he did not notice the unconscious 24-year-old on the far side of the room.

The voided boy suddenly looked up at his father with a malicious look. Stilinski's reluctant suspicions were confirmed.

"You're not my son."

The boy shook his head and broke the handcuffs like a twig. Derek and the Argents made their entrance into the room but the boy kept his smug smile. Allison attempted to tase him but the evil spirit caught the wire in his hands like it was nothing, similar to Sofia's energy.

Derek growled and lunged for the boy. Stiles easily twisted his arm and slammed him on the table.

"Where is she?" Derek managed angrily.

"Why don't you see for yourself," the nogitsune said before launching Derek across the loft into the wall.

Derek slowly pulled himself into his elbows and looked around. Low and behold, Sofia was there. He stared at her seemingly lifeless body. The wolf attempted to push himself over and listened for her heartbeat. He sighed in relief once he heard it.

The girl was lying face down against the brick wall. Derek noticed the faint blood spurts on the back of her head. He turned her body over, ignoring the arguing from behind.

Derek said her name a couple of times and tried to shake her gently. He noticed her eye twitch and planned to continue his antics until he noticed the room getting darker.

"This is exactly what he wants," Allison yelled to the fighting men. Derek stood back up to observe the scene.

"Not exactly. I was kinda hoping Scott would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns out, because you're not here to kill me," the voided boy said as the oni appeared through the wall.

"You're here to protect me."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Scott ran into the loft and took in the scene before him. Derek was kneeling, clearly injured, Argent next to him. Allison and Stilinski both held their guns up until they realized who it was.

"They disappeared," Allison said breathily. "They literally just vanished."

"And so did Stiles," the Sherrif said with a remorseful tone.

Suddenly Sofia shot up gasping for air. She rolled onto all fours and took heavy breaths. The girl looked up and noticed all occupants in the room staring at her.

The sharp pain on the back of her head finally registered in her mind and she reached for it with a sharp inhale. Her eyes ran over each person, "What the hell happened?"

"Stiles was here," Argent tried to fill the girl in.

"Yeah yeah I got that part," she paused and slowly stood up finally realizing how much pain she was actually in. "Thanks for that Derek."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Haleshoe is typing...

surprise surprise — i hate this chapter
i honestly hate most of my chapters when i post them but you guys never trash talk me so i'm hoping it's decent enough lmao

heh are y'all ready for the next chapter 👀