CHAPTER FIFTEEN

chapter fifteen(post-divine move)

chapter fifteen
(post-divine move)

!mature content!

          "So you're really leaving, huh?" Sofia asked sadly as she stood outside the Argent penthouse.

Argent sighed and moved to hug the girl. Sofia clung to his body and buried her head in his neck. "I can't stay here."

"I know," Sofia pulled back, "I just wish I had gotten here sooner."

Argent smiled at the girl, "We'll stay in contact, I promise."

Sofia moved out of the way as Isaac exited the apartment. "Thanks for not killing me," he nodded to Sofia. She let out a quiet snicker and smiled at the boy.

Argent faced the girl once more before he left, "Your mom would be proud of you Sofia."

Sofia wanted to cry at his words. She quickly wiped under her eyes and gave the Argent man one last smile before he left.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia made her way to the McCall house, originally to thank Melissa. At the nurse's departure, Scott asked if they could talk.

"Listen, I get it if you don't trust me. There will be no hard feelings," Sofia started.

"No, it's not that. You risked your life to help us, I'd say as far as building trust goes, that's a good start," Scott paused.

"I just need you to know that situations may come up that could possibly pit your family or kind against us. Are you really willing to exploit them if it helps us?"

Sofia tried not to think too deeply about his words, "Scott, I don't do that anymore. I am not my family or whatever kind you think me to be. I understand your concerns but I plan to stick around for awhile."

The alpha nodded at her words and looked up as someone came down the stairs. Malia walked into the room.

"Stiles passed out, just wanted to let you know," the werecoyote said.

"Uh, alright," Scott started before turning to Sofia. "Malia this is Sofia," he introduced.

Sofia had heard about Malia from Derek. She was curious to meet the girl and smiled. Malia returned a small smile and moved to go back up the stairs.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Sofia returned to the loft sometime in the afternoon. Derek was working out in a grey tank top when she entered. She jokingly blew out a cat-call whistle at the man.

He looked up at her entrance and stopped his push-up. Derek stood as Sofia wandered over.

"So, are we gonna talk about what happened this weekend?"