Part Twenty

'I'm not cute.' Y/n stated. 'Bucky owie.' Y/n pointed to bucky's eye he didn't know what to do, did y/n know they did that to him, he wasn't mad of course he just didn't want to upset y/n. 'I'm okay it doesn't hurt.' He smiled and passed y/n to Nat who gladly accepted she hadn't had a hug since early that morning. 'Can we do gifts now?' Tony shouted form the living room, he was never a patient man. 'What do you think Bub? You want to open some gifts?' Y/n hesitated, they'd be the centre of attention in a room full of people. 'I'll be with you the whole time.' That made y/n feel a bit better so they nodded.

'Hey guys y/n is coming.' Wanda ran ahead and alerted the others they all sat down with their gifts. 'Here Y/n I got you this.' I sat on Nat's lap in the middle of the floor as she helped me unwrap it. It was a two boxes stacked on top of  each other. The top one was a Lego stitch he made. 'Don't worry I superglued it I don't know if it still counts as a choking hazard, it says not for under three year olds so I don't know how that works but I hope you like it.' I smiled and nodded. 'Tank 'ou Pete!' 'We also got big y/n gifts but we'll do that another time I don't want to upset or confuse them.' He whispered to me, I  loved how sweet Peter was to y/n.

Wanda got y/n a bunch of art supplies and colouring books. Pietro got y/n toys and games to play with. Both subtly arguing who's gift was better. 'Now my turn.' Tony said he gave y/n a small card. 'I can't wead it.' They passed it to me. 'It's a black card for build a bear.' Y/n gasped. 'Teddies!' I gave them a tickle kissing their cheek over and over till they melted in my arms. 'Mama stop!' They giggled. 'Okay fine. speaking of teddies I think it's time for my first gift for you.' A guy came in pushing a trolley with a huge sloth teddy on it. 'Mama! Mama!' They pointed. 'I know Bub isn't it cute?' Y/n nodded. 'Tank mama.' They squeezed me tight. 'You're more than welcome baby, you deserve the world.'

'Um I'm really sorry, I uh don't really know how to wrap.' Bucky mumbled as he held a gift loosely wrapped in a scruffy ball shape. 'Tis okay.' This parcel y/n could unwrap easily. It was a fluffy blanket and a super soft hoodie. 'Mama.'  Y/n passed me the blanket and I took it it out the packaging.. 'y/n safe.' Y/n said wrapping it around them. Everyone looked at y/n sadly, the fact that y/n had to constantly be reminded that they were safe from their past made their hearts ache for them. 'Y/n safe.' Bucky repeated, nodding and blinking away a tear. 'Bucky safe too.' Steve nodded and put his hand on bucky's shoulder I wrapped my arms around y/n tighter. 'You're both safe.'

Y/n finished opening the rest of the gifts juice boxes, toys, teddies, comfy cute clothes. 'Tank you.' Y/n beamed clapping eyes scanning the room at the huge pile of presents that now took over the floor. After a few minutes y/n had had enough 'Mama y/n go no more.' Y/n stated curling into my lap head resting on my shoulder. 'No more what?' Y/n whined into my neck. 'People.' I gently lifted them up 'okay y/n is sleepy. Y/n go na nite.' Everyone waved bye to y/n before returning to their own conversations. 'Ilk?' They whispered. 'Bub if I get you a bottle everyone will see.' They sighed and shook their head.

'Hey who wants a hot chocolate?' Wanda called out a chorus of everyone saying yes followed.' Wanda winked at me which confused me. 'Nat y/n wanna help.' I knew Wanda was planning something so I agreed and followed. 'If I heat up milk for hot chocolate I can pour some in y/ns bottle with out them noticing.' I smiled. 'Thank you Wanda. That would be really helpful.' She gestured to a fussy baby clinging to her. 'You're not having a great week are you Bub?' Y/n shook their head. That minute waiting for the milk seemed more like ten. As soon as it was done I carried y/n to my room as quick as possible. 'Shh you're okay.' They whined as I placed them on the bed. 'Bub you're too warm I need to get you some better clothes.' I grabbed them one of my T-shirt's and a pair of black pyjama shorts. I got them changed quickly so the milk didn't get cold then placed them back in my arms and held the bottle to their lips. 'Y/n it's okay it's just me and you baby.' I responded to their reluctance they soon relaxed and started drinking their eyes softening and a smile appeared on their face.

'Good job baby, you're safe.' I fell asleep to the sound of Nat's voice.

Idk about this. If you have any suggestions or requests lmk see ya soon :)