Part Twenty Two

TW: guns, violence, nightmares, flashbacks, verbal/physical abuse and death

When I woke up I was back at hydra again. 'You really thought you could escape?' Pierce gave me a sickening smile. I tried to speak but my mouth had been taped several times the airflow also restricted to I had to resort to just breathing through my nose. Which is a lot more difficult when you're scared and have had your nose broken several times. 'Look at you, so needy and pathetic. No wonder no one else wanted you. Even your mama got sick of you. Come on, you really thought someone would love you? You're a freak.' A single tear slid down as I fought against the rest.

'See we haven't even started and you're already crying like the stupid little baby you are.' I tried putting my head down so he couldn't see the tears but he slapped me across the face before pulling me back by the hair. I was staring right at him his eyes a sadistic shade, his mouth stretched into an evil grin. 'Ready to comply soldier?' He threw my head forward. 'I'll take that as a yes.' He turned on the machine and a strong electric current vibrated through my body burning my insides. I screamed in pain, muffled by the tape. 'Does it hurt? Answer me!' He slapped me again forcing a nod out of me as yet another tear slipped. 'Every tear you let fall down your disgusting face adds another five minutes.' He winked and left before shouting. 'Have fun.' By the time the ten minutes was over i had already given up hope. 'I'll ask you one more time. Are you ready soldier?' He threatened to hit me again and laughed in my face when I flinched. I nodded. 'Good choice soldier.' That's when he said the words I never want to hear again. 'Я готов отвечить. (Ready to comply)' I responded. 'Your mission is miss Natasha Romanov. You will find her and kill her no witnesses. If you succeed this could be one of your last missions.' I gave him one nod my tears had now disappeared.

'Hey y/n!' Nat called out to me, I placed my hand over her mouth and pulled her outside. 'Y/n what are you doing?' I landed a punch on her right eye she fell to the floor a shocked expression on her face. 'Bub stop! You're scaring me!' I carried on the assault before hearing a voice in my ear that it was enough and to finish the job. I took out my gun and fired a bullet straight into her skull. I was released from mind control to see Nat laid there blood dripping down her head a pained expression on her face yet still full of love. 'Look what you did to your poor mama. Killed by her precious little baby, now you're gonna be all alone with us forever.' A voice spoke inside my head my whole body ached and stung I couldn't bear it I screamed.

'Y/n wake up! Wake up! It's okay you're safe.' Tony and Wanda came bursting into the room, the screams were so loud he heard it from the lab. The tower was for the most part soundproof but above a certain level this is ineffective in case of emergency. It broke my heart to head them that distraught, it was the worst sound I'd ever heard. 'They won't wake up.' Wanda came over and touched y/ns forehead before standing back clamping her hand over her mouth and leaving. 'If Wanda can't take it it must be awful.' Tony frowned sympathetically at y/n before going to check on Wanda. 'Y/n come here baby.' I pulled y/n onto my lap before feeling my pyjamas becoming damp. 'Aw poor baby.' I put the other lamp on and saw y/ns once light grey shorts become a much darker grey. Y/n couldn't do anything but cry hysterically. I rubbed their back and tried humming to calm them but they were still crying so hard they started gagging and choking. 'Y/n breathe your gonna make yourself  sick.' I picked them up and tried walking around the room.

I didn't want to change them whilst they were this upset because I didn't know what their nightmare was about and y/n didn't like me changing them at the best of times. I bounced them several times and even gave them sleepy bear to cuddle with. After almost 30 minutes they calmed down to smaller whimpers and cries. This was enough to work with so I carried them into the bathroom, ran the bath and got them undressed. I sat on the floor with them holding them into my chest blocking out the noise of the bath filling up. 'You're okay mamas got you.' I coo as I place them in the bath. They let out a cry and reach out for me. 'Bub you have to have a bath so you can get clean, you had an accident.' They reached for me again. 'You want me to take a bath with you?' Y/n nodded. 'Okay Bub can you wait one second while I get a towel ready?' I grabbed two towels and placed them next to the bath. Then placed sleepy bear on the stool so y/n could still see him. I climbed into the bath and pulled y/n closer. 'You're okay.' I kissed their cheek then poured the jug of water over the back of their head. Before adding the shampoo and conditioner then rinsing again. Between each step I tried to give y/n some form of reassurance or affection. From a simple 'you're safe' or 'I love you.' to hugs and kisses.