Part Forty Seven

I placed the card key in the door and walked through to Maria's room. Carol was laying with her head on Maria's chest as she read her little a book. "Hey sweetheart." Maria smiled at me. "Can I still sleep here?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "Of course hun, do you want to join us?" Maria asked patting the space next to her.

"Mhm." I whimpered climbing in next to her. "Cuddle auntie maria?" The brunette nodded pulling me closer to her. "Comfy?" She chuckled making me nod.

Maria went to continue the story but the blonde interrupted. "No mommy star' gain." The blonde whined. "Princess I told you mommy is not starting the book over everytime we pause just so you don't have to go to bed."

"Yeah but mommy y/n no get to read it wiv yous." Maria nodded. "Okay, I guess we can't start in the middle of the story but this is the only time I'm restarting." By the time she reached the middle of the book again both littles were asleep.

Maria gently moved carol off of her. "Mommy" carol whined sleepily at the loss. "It's okay honey I'm just getting y/n. She gently rubbed my back. "Y/n hun you fell asleep, do you want to stay here or would you be more comfortable in that bed." I paused for a moment before mumbling. "I wan dat bed." Maria nodded carrying me to the spare bed. "Here you go sweetheart, sweet dreams." She smiled tucking me in before climbing back into bed with her sleepy little who instantly rolled back over with half her body on maria.

Maria woke two hours later to small sobs coming from the corner of the room. Carol was still sprawled out behind her so she assumed it was me. "Hey sweetheart did you have a bad dream?" She asked turning on the lamp. I hummed in agreement, she soon found me curled up in a ball at the foot of my bed. She didn't say anything else, she just came and sat opposite me.

I went to grab her hand but pulled back in fear, she took mine with a reassuring smile. We sat like that for a few minutes until she finally spoke. "I assume you don't want to talk about it although if you did I'm more than happy to listen." You shook your head firmly and she gave you a small nod and hum in response. "That's alright, you ready to go back to bed now?" I gave her a worried look. "Do you want to sleep with me and Carol?" She asked softly.

I gave her a slow nod, once she knew I was okay with it she carried me over to the bed. "Mommy." Carol sighed feeling the bed move. "Hey princess, y/n has come back for some cuddles, they had a bad dream." Maria whispered making Carol nod.

"Here dis Tiggsy you can borrows her." Carol threw her arm across Maria, a small stuffed tiger dangled in the air. " she scares all da bad dreams away right mommy?" Maria nodded. "That's right princess."

I smiled taking the stuffed animal. "Tanks you carol." I heard her give a sleepy whisper. "Is otay."

"Come on you two it's way past bedtime." Maria whispered pulling the covers over us. "Goodnight you two." We all fell asleep almost immediately after, only for me to wake up at 7am the next morning to the sound of a door shutting.

"Hey." I smiled walking out of the bedroom only to be greeted by Maria and Carol sat at a small table in the corner. "Hey, we got room service." Maria smiled gesturing to the table. I sat down next to Carol and stared at the food in front of me. "Nat told me you liked waffles." Maria smiled.

I gave a small nod, slightly saddened at the mention of her name. "She came here?" I asked pushing the fruit around my plate with my fork. "Yeah she uh came to say goodbye." Maria said hesitantly. "Goodbye? I thought we were leaving together, where did she go?" Maria shrugged. "She didn't tell me." Although her tone didn't sound very convincing.

"When did she leave?" I asked looking directly at her for the first time that morning. "You just missed her." Maria admitted, soon regretting it when I got up from the table. "Y/n!" She called after me but I ran out of the door. "Carol Mommy needs you to stay here and do not move." Maria said sternly making the little nod.

I ran down the hallway to the elevator pushing the button a few times out of annoyance. I sighed with relief when I heard the ding and got inside before the doors were even fully closed. By the time I reached the bottom floor my heart was pounding, I sprinted outside to where Natasha's car was parked only to be met by an empty space. By this point I didn't care that I was crying in public. "How could she leave me?" I asked the brunette who's hand made it's way to my shoulder. "You ran out before I could explain." Maria sighed.

"You weren't going to explain though were you? You should have told me she was there. You could have woke me up but you didn't. When I found Carol I told you the second I was able to yet you didn't even tell me my Mama was trying to leave. I could've stopped her yet you kept me away from her. Some auntie you turned out to be." I scoffed ignoring the hurt look on her face. She went to speak but I cut her off. "Don't even try. I'm getting my stuff and getting Wanda to take me home like I should have done in the first place." I left her standing outside the hotel as I walked back into the lobby.

On the way back inside she must have noticed me sitting in one of the armchairs. "Sorry." I mumbled sensing her standing next to me. "I'm sorry too." I looked up at her in surprise making her chuckle. "Nat didn't want you to wake up. She told me I was only supposed to tell you after she left, she only came by to give me your car seat."

"Why did she leave? Is she mad at me?" Maria shook her head. "she told me you got into a fight, well she told me you yelled at her." I flinched at the thought of what happened last night. I doubt Maria would be honest and admit that was why she left so maybe it was my fault. "She had to go do some work. She is going back to the tower so she can get it done before tonight that way if you forgive her by then you can spend the rest of the day together." I gave a small nod. "Thank you Maria although that only made me feel worse for talking to you like that." I chuckled softly.

"I mean you have a reason to be mad at me, I lost Carol on purpose so you would stay for longer. Tony thought it would buy us some time till we could lock your room and force you to give up the idea of leaving."

"You guys did all of that to stop me from leaving?" I asked feeling slightly conflicted on how I felt about the situation. "Well Tony planned this whole vacation for you, I know it hasn't been exactly successful but it wouldn't have been the same without you. We didn't want you to miss it over something like that. So why don't we go have some ice cream and watch a movie in the cinema room for bit before we go. You'll be happy to know you're taking Wanda's car home with Yelena." I frowned slightly at that, I hadn't properly spoke to Yelena since her fight with Natasha and I didn't know what would happen with her. I paused for a moment before walking back to the elevators with Maria.

As always I hope you liked this, pls comment any ideas or general stuff.

:)