Part Thirty Seven

(I'm sorry, I already posted this part, kinda, but I hadn't saved all the changes I had made so there were gaps in the last chapter so I've rewritten it)

TW: sickness, medicine.

You were sat on the edge of the bed staring at the cartoons on the screen trying to ignore the urge to talk to Nat again. A knock on the door pulled you out of your thoughts. 'hey kiddo it's Clint can you let me in please?' You paused for a second, your mama warned you to never open the door without her when you were little. But this time was an exception right? I mean you knew Clint, he was your mama's best friend. Plus Nat was only a door away she could easily come protect you if she needed too right?

You opened the door and sure enough the archer was smiling at you. 'Hey kid can I take this? We are all gonna go for a swim.' he gestured to your swim bag Nat had packed the day before. 'Mhm mama not go?' Clint shook his head. 'Sorry Kid, Nat can't come but we're going to have so much fun and we can come back and tell he all about it.' You sadly nodded taking his hand. 'Bye mama! I loves you!' you were disappointed when she didn't respond you let out a whimper, stepping outside and shutting the door after you.

To be honest, Natasha was just as upset as you. She would have said goodbye, it hurt her not to but she couldn't. Not if she was going to hide how sick she was, as soon as you shouted to her she felt the sickness rising in her throat. She held it back until you left so you wouldn't hear. 

'Clint mama.' you whined making him turn. 'Y/n mama is a little stressed right now so we have to give her some space for a while.' You nodded you didn't want to stress her out right now, and as much as you wanted her you knew you couldn't burden her with looking after you. You could hold off until she was better right? you didn't need to be little all the time. 'Hey we've got you kid. We will take care of you.' His words put you at ease slightly but you didn't want them... you wanted Nat. You NEEDED her. 'Don't call me kid.' You said meekly it was supposed to come out as a command but it sounded more like begging.

'Why is that? Is it because you really don't like it or because your trying to avoid being little.' you put your head down in shame at the last part. 'I thought so, now you listen to me kiddo, you be in whatever headspace you need to and we will be fine. But if I find out you're forcing it, and trust me I will know, you and me are going to have a problem.' The last part scared you a little, you were expecting to look up and see him with daggers in his eyes but he had a smirk on his face. 'Do you hear me?' he tickled you. 'You are going to be a good little one and promise to be in whatever headspace you want and we will take care of you whether you like it or not!' He carried on tickling you until you gave in and agreed. 'Good, now hold my hand kiddo we don't want either of us getting lost.' just the idea of getting lost made you grab Clint's hand with no hesitation.

'Hey guys.' Clint announced making everyone turn, you soon realised how many people were there. You had never been around this many people whilst little without Nat and it scared you. You burst into tears. 'hey cutie, shh shh it's okay, can I pick you up?' you nodded reaching out for Wanda. 'I know I've got you, you're safe I promise.' You clung to Wanda like your life depended on it. 'Wan' mama.' you sobbed into her neck. 'Baby we can't see mama right now, maybe later.' 

'I wan' mama.' you whimpered. You didn't understand why they would not let you see Nat. 'Y/N mama is sick.' Wanda admitted with a sad smile, those words felt like a punch in the stomach. You looked at Clint who couldn't meet your gaze. He just nodded defeatedly. 'Why did you lie?' You said sounding a lot bigger. 'Y/N listen.' he reached out for you but you pulled away. 'You lied to me!' You ran out he tried to follow you but Wanda stopped him. 

'Hi, um do you have the spare key for room 14b?' you asked the receptionist who frowned. 'Did you lose yours? because there is a cost.' You shook your head. 'My uh roommate.. has the key but I can't find her and I really need to get into my room.' She nodded. 'I wish I could help but Mr Stark set up a code, I can't give you the key without it.' You sighed. 'okay thanks.'

On the way you saw Steve. 'Hey kid you okay? Are you lost? I'll call someone' You hated how panicked he was, clearly he assumed you  were little. 'no no I'm fine Steve. have you seen Tony?' He visibly sighed. 'He was over there last I saw.' he pointed to the corner where the bar was. Of course he would be there. 

'Hey Stark so funny story, I need the spare room key so if you could give me the code that would be very helpful.' He shook his head. 'Sorry kid I promised Nat I wouldn't give it to you.' You frowned why wouldn't Nat want you in your own room. 'You can pout all you want I'm not giving it to you because she's a lot scarier than you are marshmallow.' You smirked at him sure Nat was a better fighter and a better intimidator but you had one skill she didn't. 'It's fine I have my own way of getting what I want.'  He scoffed when you called Pepper. 'good luck she will side with me over you.' You raised an eyebrow. 'Not even baby me?' His face dropped. ' you wouldn't dare.'

'Pepper uncle tony lef' me an i scawed.' you whimpered. 'It's okay honey, I will help you do you know where he is?' She asked a hint of irritation in her voice. 'mhm he at the bar dwinking grown up juice.' His jaw dropped knowing Pepper had banned him from drinking alcohol until after dinner. He was going to be in trouble and he knew it. 'Stop.' he said desperately making you smile. 'Tony? what were you thinking?!'

'Sowwy pepper I forgot I was 'posed to meet him here I otay.' She sighed with relief and I hung up with a smirk. 'You are a devil child you know that? You could have got me into trouble. Im not giving you the code now.' you frowned. 'we had a deal Stank.' he shrugged. 'Fine maybe I'll call pepper back and tell her about the time you left morgan in the new suit you made her then accidently summoned it sending a four year old flying across New York into the middle of a battlefield.' Tony groaned. '48921' you smiled. 'thanks.'

You ran up to your room unlocking the door before nat could even respond.

'Y/n I told you to leave me alone.' Those words sent her into a coughing fit. 'You are sick, I'm not leaving you.' Nat shook her head, 'I am not sick I'm just tired.' you raised an eyebrow at her. 

'You need to get in bed Natasha.' That seemed to make her angry. 'I don't need to do anything I am not sick.' You watched her walk over to you watching as she swayed and trembled. 'see I'm fine.' 

'Nat I've seen you walk better with a bullet in your leg. Bed now.' She shook her head. 'I am fine.' at this point it was unclear as to who she was  trying to convince, you or herself. All you knew was she was definitely sick and you were not giving in. 

She was about to defend herself further when she broke out into another coughing fit. The room started spinning and it got to the point where she lost her balance and actually collapsed into you. You managed to catch her. 'Nat I'm taking you to bed.' You warned before picking her up. 

'No I'm okay, I have to be okay. I have to.' She started whimpering, making you confused as to what to do. 'You are okay, I've got you.' You rubbed her back, knowing that's what she would do if it was the other way around. 

'I have to protect everyone I need them to be safe.' Hearing her plead hurt you to the core, you didn't realise how much stress she put on herself. 'They are safe I promise, but if you don't get back in bed you will get worse. And that means it will be longer until you can see everyone and check on them. so for now worry about you not them.'  

Nat knew you were right but being sick and vulnerable scared her. 'I will protect you Natasha, you are safe.' You placed nat on the bed before heading to the bathroom hearing nat whine in disapproval at you leaving her, You returned with a damp cloth to cool her temperature.

'Have you taken any medicines yet.' Nat shamefully shook her head, you nodded slightly before getting her some. 'here drink some water too.' She took a small sip of water before crashing back against the pillows. 'I'm tired, can you hold me till I sleep please.' You were surprised that she asked you but were more than willing to do so. You slid in next to her and pulled her into your chest.