Chapter 34

A/N: This chapter's actually gone through a gajillion different versions, coz neither of us had any plot ideas to develop into- hence why this took forever...and now I've realised it's really short, so sorry bout that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dude! You realise it's you and Dan's one month anniversary tomorrow right? I can't believe it's been a whole month already!" Sky suddenly says as we're sat watching TV after dinner.

My eyebrows crease as I start to think things through.

"Are you sure?" I ask, trying to buy myself more time.

Does it even count? I mean, we've been apart this last week...

"Mhmm, Mick and I were counting the other night," my best friend grins at me.

I try to fake a smile in return.

'Betcha Dan doesn't realise' my subconscious screams at me.

"Do you think he'll remember?" The words just seem to have slipped out.

"I'm sure Micky will mention something about it to him," Sky shrugs.

I try to fight away all the insecure thoughts, and try to think of a response, but Sky's phone rings beside her.

"Hello? Mum, is everything alright?"

I see Sky's expression drop slightly, and she signals to me that she'll take the call in the bedroom. I nod briefly- what could it possibly be about?

All I know is that Sky's mum stays with and looks after Sky's grandparents...Her grandparents have always been the happy, cheery type, Sky and I love them to bits.

Sky comes back into the lounge soon after and I can tell straight away something's wrong. Her face is all pale and her usual smile is wiped off her face.

"Sky?" I ask cautiously.

"Mum wants me to stay over there for a few days, she didn't tell me why, but her voice sounded uncertain," She trails off, her voice shaky.

She takes a seat beside me and just stares at the blank TV screen- I know she's worried.

"Sky, don't worry, it probably isn't much. I'm sure your mum just misses you and wants to see you," I try to comfort her.

She shakes her head and I see her biting back her tears, making me feel emotional- I can't start to imagine the thoughts running through her mind right now.

"I have to leave tonight, mum's already booked my train ticket," she whispers after calming down.

"Oh..." I didn't think it'd be this soon, maybe it IS urgent. I try to block out the thought. "I'll, uhh, help you pack?"

"Yeah thanks," she says, and we head back into the bedroom to pack.

"Are you going to tell Micky?" I ask while folding some clothes and putting it in her suitcase.

"I don't know, I don't want him worrying," Sky shrugs.

"But what if he asks?"

"I'll tell him I'm busy," she says matter of fact-ly.

"Oh okay," I say shortly.

I decide to not mention the topic anymore. As much as I think she should tell him she's gone for a few days- I keep the opinion to myself, who am I to interfere in their relationship?

"I'm pretty sure we almost cleared out your wardrobe," I laugh as we finish packing the last few pieces of clothing. "I mean, it IS just a few days!"

"Whoops?" Sky giggles, heaving up her suitcase.

"So I guess I'll see ya soon?"

"Yeah, I guess so," she shows a half smile.

"I'm gonna miss you snoring loudly in the middle of the night," I smirk.

She pretends to look offended, but it doesn't last long as we both start to crack up laughing.

Minutes later and we're stood by the front door.

"Bye, I'll miss you!"

"I'll miss you too!"

We embrace in a tight hug as Sky leaves. And it's like all of a sudden the house is already too quiet for my liking.

I get ready for bed and soon enough I find myself just lying on my back in my bed, staring at the ceiling as questions cloud in my mind again.

Why did Sky have to leave so urgently? Will Dan really remember about our one month?

Slowly, tiredness overcomes me and I drift off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It may not seem like much now, but it leads onto something big. Watch this space. ;)

As always, thank you for fanning, voting, commenting, sharing and all the rest of it! Keep it up, as it lets us know you're enjoying what we write :)

Another little side note: There was a comment on our last chapter asking for us to do a Dan POV. I've never been a big fan of changing POV's all the time in fanfics coz I find them SO confusing. But leave us a comment down below whether you guys like the idea of us adding in one or two different POVs? :)