Chapter 2

Bzz.Bzz.

“Mia! Turn your phone off! Trying to sleep here!” Sky screams at me from across the room. I laugh and sigh at her hopelessly, I really gotta get used to having someone else in the same room as me.

“Its midday, you idiot, get your lazy ass outta bed!” I reply, rolling over to check the text.

“But bro…jetlag.” She exclaims from under the covers.

I roll my eyes at her, that was definitely the same lazy as friend I left two years ago. I read the text message:

Hey Mia! You free today? Wanna head out somewhere at 3? I’ll come by your house. Kalia x

Kalia! Skylar definitely needed to meet her. Kalia was the first person I befriended ever since coming to London. I grab the opportunity and quickly text back:

Sure! My bestie Skylar flew in yesterday from Aussie, I would love you two to meet! :) x

Sky’s head pops up beside me, nosily trying to catch a glimpse of my phone screen.

“Who are you texting Mia? Dan maybe?” Skylar says, mocking me.

I smile. Remembering back to when Dan gave me his number yesterday. I can still remember the smell of his aftershave and his body against mine as he pulled me from behind, and his hands gently prying my phone away from my fingers.

“No…” I reply, snapping out of my little daydream.

Sky raises an eyebrow at me, obviously able to read the look on my face. “Maybe you should text him then?” She tells me, then instantaneously rubbing her eyes.

Maybe I should…I DO want to talk to him again. I feel my heart beating faster just thinking about him.

Sky interrupts my thoughts, as she comes to sit beside me, taking my phone and waving it in front of my face teasingly.

“Come on Mia, it’s worth a shot, I know for sure he would be ecstatic if you texted him” Sky says with enthusiasm while nudging me in my ribs.

Maybe she was right. I let out a big sigh as I open up a new message:

Hey Dan!  It’s Amelia, What’s up? :) x

I’m not exactly expecting a reply; I chuck my phone on my desk, as I get ready for the day

“Mia!” Sky calls from my room. “Your phone won’t shut the hell up!”

I grin and practically sprint from the bathroom back to my room, bumping into a few walls and doors along the way. “1 new message from Dan ;)” flashes on screen. I grasp my phone tight, smiling from ear to ear. With a stomach full of nervous butterflies I click Open Message and read the text aloud to Sky.

Hey Mia! I’ve been hoping for you to text me all day(: Micky says he wants to see Skylar again, maybe you two are free to do something together with us? x

Skylar’s head shoots up, we both giggle at her stunned reaction. Priceless.

 “Oooh look, Sky has found herself a boy!” I exclaim teasingly.

I reply to Dan’s text:

So what does Micky wanting to see Sky got anything to do with me? I’ll just stay home. ;)

Dan’s reply comes quickly

Aww, that’s no good. I wanna see you again! Please come? Xx

He texts back, with an address at the end of the message. My cheeks ache from all this smiling, he was the sweetest and it looks I have no choice,

“Bro! Get outta bed and get yourself ready for Micky.” I say to Sky with a wink as I walk out the room and into the kitchen.

I take my time eating brunch, waiting for Sky to finish getting ready. That girl is taking forever!

A sudden realisation hits me, I have completely forgotten about our plans with Kalia today. And I can’t tell her that I'm cancelling on her to meet Dan! Well, not yet anyway. Almost without thinking, I text her:

Ahh! So sorry! Something’s come up today, we’ll meet up another time? :L x

I have never cancelled on her before, until now. Hopefully she forgives me…

Sky and I call a taxi, heading to the address Dan had given me. Gotta say, obviously I still don’t know this area well enough, as we turn up at our destination 5 minutes later…

We stand in front of a simplistic but decent sized apartment. Sky and I look at each other- confused; surely Dan couldn’t have invited us to his house? I ring the doorbell. The door opens, and we see a boy of abour our age, with short blonde hair and blue eyes, in front of us.

I look at the boy, down at my phone and up at him again.

Who is he? Are we at the wrong place? Well, this is a bit awkward,

“Um..sorry, I think we got the wrong address?” I say carefully to the boy.

Suddenly, we hear two boys shouting and laughing from inside the flat. I recognise one of the voices. My face lights up as Dan and Micky walk towards us from the back of a long hallway.

“Hey! Greg! Your turn in the stu-”Dan stops short.

He looks at me, as I find myself staring into his familiar pair of eyes again.

“Hey,” I say, trying to sound and look decent.

“Hey Mia!” Dan replies, smiling his perfect smile.

Until now, we were totally unaware that Micky and Sky had already kickstarted their flirty conversation beside us and that Greg had already disappeared somewhere into the house. Wait a second, ‘Greg’, as in the same one Dan mentioned yesterday at the airport?

"Hey Sky," Dan says, turning his head in her direction. We wait for a reaction from her, but she and Micky are clearly too into their conversation to even respond.

 I laugh, shaking my head. “Where are we?”

Dan- stunned at my question, nudges Micky to which Micky responds with a simple nod of his head. In turn, I glance over at Sky, seeing if she has a clue to what was going on. She shrugs; great, she’s as confused as I am. What’s going on? Why are the boys acting so suspicious?

“We want to show you girls something” Dan says, as he takes me by the hand, guiding me inside the house. It’s winter, but with his hand locked into mine, I can’t help but feel warm and secure.

We stop at a door. What’s on the other side of this door, Sky and I have no idea. But Dan shoots me a reassuring smile.

“So we wanted to tell you two this, but we didn’t know how to go about it, so we thought this might be the best way” Micky explains to Sky and I while opening the door to the room.

“Greg, Micky, and I are actually part of a three piece boyband called GMD3.” Dan tells us.

Dead silence. Their recording studio lies in front of our eyes. I turn my head to see Greg in the recording booth. I look over at Dan and Micky- both looking half worried, waiting to get some sort of reaction out of Sky and I.

So all this time, I had been falling hard for a boy who was part of a band.