Chapter 45

A/N: Late sort of news to break to you guys, but this will be the last chapter for a while. We originally had an idea to continue, but now both of us are so busy we barely ever get the chance to sit down and skype each other ideas. Who knows, we might pick up from here during the Christmas holidays, or we might decide to start afresh.

But sorry for the late notice!

---------------------------------------

Sky's POV

I turn away from Dan, Greg and Mia as they walk off, still trying to keep my emotions in control. It's going to be a long flight and the last thing i want is to spend it over thinking and crying.

I mentally run trough a checklist.

-Passport,

-phone,

-my actual ticket.

Sure that I have everything, I pull up the handle of my carry-on and start to head towards the counter.

"Sky!" I suddenly hear behind me among the airport noises. I take a quick glance behind me, but see no one.

I must be imagining things. That sounded a lot like Micky. But it can't be. He's still mad at me and he doesn't even know I'm leaving.

My insides fill with the hollow feeling of guilt.

I pick up my pace. By now, there's barely anyone around. I must be late or something.

"Sky! Skylar!!" I hear again, from the same voice, this time sounding closer. I sigh and turn back once more.

My heart seems to stop momentarily as I see the sight of Micky standing about 20 metres away from me.

I stand shocked, as he approaches me. The butterflies in my stomach growing bigger and bigger with each step he takes. The only thought in my head being: 'he's here. He made it.'

All of a sudden, my emotions seem to take a hold of me, and I find myself tearing up. I run towards Micky to give him a much needed hug. He spins me around in the air twice before putting me back on my two feet.

His hands hold onto my waist, but I can feel them shaking. I take in the familiar smell of his aftershave. I choke back my sobs and realise that he's panting. I can hear his hear pumping fast, and in time with mine.

"How'd you-" I start to ask, but not being able to form words from being too overwhelmed.

"Greg told me. He told me everything that happened. I'm so sorry I got angry at you. I had no right to be. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have made such a rash decision. When Greg told me about you leaving, my heart sank. I hated myself for walking out on you. I was shocked and had no idea what to do. I couldn't bare the thought of you not being by me. Sky, I love you, and I'm so so sorry for what I did. I'm sorry I couldn't spend your last few days with you-" Micky stops to take a deep breath to calm his tears which are now rolling down his cheeks.

He opens his mouth to continue his speech, but I stop him by planting my lips on his. I feel his body relax straight away and it's as if everything that had happened just drifts away.

"I love you Micky, and I'm sorry too," I whisper as we pull apart. "Promise me we'll try our best at a long distance relationship."

"I promise." He reassures me. "I promise I will Skype you everyday, and I'll even send you snail mail once in a while like the couples in those cliche movies if you want."

I giggle and he smiles, wiping the tears from my eyes.

He gives me a quick peck on the lips, and a hug- the last for a while- before looking at the time.

"You're holding up the whole flight!" He laughs at me.

"Not my fault is it?" I shrug.

I turn back to grab my carry on and walk towards the counter to show my ticket, turning around to give one last goodbye.

Walking onto the plane, I'm happy my short lived trip to England has turned out the way it has. Everything turned out alright in the end.

----------------------------------

A/N: Thanks so much for the support this past year and a bit we've been writing this fanfic! It's been so much fun but we would've never gotten to where we are here without your views and comments motivating us on :)

Thanks again!

If you wanna keep in touch with us, find us on twitter

@Emily_District3

@Rachelx_tw

Or send us a message on our tumblr nzlovesdistrict3.tumblr.com

Would anyone like it if we did a few one shots maybe?

You 3eeks are amazing <3

Emily and Rachel