Chapter 8

We hop into the car to go to a place to eat, after we finally manage to haul Micky off the ice... Literally...

"I’ve gotten better aye Dan!" Micky asks Dan enthusiastically from the backseat.

Silence fills the car.

"Err... yeah" Dan manages to cough out.

I see Sky through the rear view mirror; she's looking out the window trying to suppress a smile.

I grin and shake my head, shooting Dan a 'Real?' look.

He smiles at me and pats my hand.

"Hands on the wheel!!" I screech at him.

He laughs and facepalms before gripping the wheel again.

I sigh and lean against the leather interior of Dan's car breathing in the all-too-familiar scent.

I subconsciously tug at my sleeves realizing that it was a bit too cold for my liking.

From the corner of my eye I see Dan’s hand leave the wheel to poke at the touch-screen options that control the car. A wave of warm heat blows over me. I smile against the seat rolling over to look out the window.

My gaze stops at the rear view mirror again, Micky's head was resting on Sky's shoulder, both their eyes closed as they were sleeping peacefully. A smile spreads across my face. I catch Dan glance at me.

"What’s up?" he asks,

"Shh," I whisper, "They’re sleeping."

"What"? He whispered back, shooting a glance at his mirror and smiling, "Oh"

"Are we there yet?"

"Almost"

Half an hour later we park in front of a cozy little diner

"I'll get them" I offer as we get out of the car.

I walk over to Sky's side of the door and open it, fully aware that it is almost 2 degrees outside. Even Dan has already gone into the diner.

I shake Sky gently, her eyes meet mine.

"We're here" I whisper.

She begins to move but stops, realizing that Micky was on her shoulder.

I chuckle at her "Don't be too long," I say before closing the door softly, skipping into the diner

It was warm and smelled of Hot Chocolate. I breathe a sigh of relief at the warmth and unbutton my thick coat.

Dan smiles as he sees me walking towards him, a confused look soon replaces his smile "Where's Sky and Micky?"

"She'll wake him" I shrug and take a seat next to him.

The diner was very Rock n Roll themed, it was warm and had the checkered interior. Even the booths we were sitting in were one of those cliché ones you see in the films.

"Why here?' I turn around to ask him

He was looking out the window almost wistfully; his head turns to meet my gaze.

"I used to come here, when I was little- when I first met Greg and Micky. We used to practice, and then come here for food afterwards" he says to me, smiling at the thought.

I gaze at his smile, the way it lights up his entire face and makes his eyes sparkle. I burn his smile into my memory

A chime from the front door interrupts my thoughts; I see Sky and Micky hand in hand entering the diner. I smile at them, Sky looks so happy and there was no one better for her than Micky.