Chapter 4

I sat beside Dan- dumbstruck. He.. He likes me? What? He must be kidding. Why would he like a girl like me? He's in a boyband Mia... He's out of your league.

"Mia?"

I Mean, he probably does things like this with every girl he meets, anyone would fall for a guy like him. It was probably just another flirty boyband gesture.

"Mia?"

Oh shit, and what about Kalia!? I'm sure Kalia was into him the first time we met at the New Year’s party, if he likes me then I can never face her again! A million different thoughts run through my head at once. Dear lord please let this be a dream.

"Mia!!"

My head shoots up.

"What? Yes?" How long had I been out? My cheeks flaming with embarrassment

"You okay Mia? You've been daydreaming an awful lot," He places his hand on me knee, making me look into his dreamy eyes. I squirm uncomfortably.

"Dan, I don't feel too well, can you walk me home?"

His expression falls as he removes his hand quickly.

"Uh... Yeah sure"

I get up and walk towards the door before he could offer me a hand.

"Wait, what about Sky?"

Oh yeah, Sky...

"She's probably with Micky, she knows where I live so I’m sure she'll manage. I don’t want to tear her away from Mick" I wink as Dan laughs.

"You're probably right" he says closing the door behind us.

Thankfully, the walk was short. I pulled out my phone every few seconds, checking to see whether Sky had texted me about her whereabouts…Nope. Obviously too busy having fun with Micky. I did whatever I could to look busy, to avoid talking- I didn’t feel like it, it would’ve just confused me a whole lot more.

"Thanks Dan,” I say as we reach the front porch of my house. For a split second, I think of inviting him in, but it would be better if I figure out my feelings for him before I do something I’ll probably regret later.

"No problem," he says awkwardly as we stand in the wind. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Uh yeah, I guess," I reply quickly.

We stand there-dead still-, our eyes locked into one another’s. I try not to giggle seeing his hair messed up from the wind. I see him edge closer towards me

Oh shit. Oh shit. Is he going to do what I think he's doing?

My hands grip the door handle to my front door.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I manage to cough out before anything happens. His eyebrows knit together in confusion and his expression as if he was in some sort of pain as he says a simple, ‘Bye’.

I gather all my strength and push the door open with one hand, half falling, half stepping into my house.

I stand in the kitchen, arms leaning against the bench to support my weight, falling deep in thought.

What am I going to do? He's a sweet guy, no doubt about it. But how do I know that there aren't other girls who he has done the same thing to? How do I know that Kalia won’t hate me if I go for it with Dan? How do I know if-

‘HOW DO YOU GET UP FROM AND ALL TIME LOW!’

I leap up about 50 feet high before realising that it was my phone that went off. Geez, I have a loud ringtone…whoever’s ringing me better have a hell of a good excuse for giving me such a fright.

I reach for it and see that my hands are shaking.

I press the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Amelia!!" A familiar voice screeches from the end of the line.

"Sky" I reply calmly.

"Mia! Where the hell are you!? Are you okay!? What happened!?"

"Sky calm down, I'm at home... I'll tell you what happened when I see you. Are you still with Micky?"

"Uh yeah, he's taking me home now"

A faint voice talks in the background.

"Awh no, Sky, have fun, don't come back just because of me," I bite my lip, feeling the guilt nibbling at my soul

"No! Of course not! I have to see you, to make sure you're okay. I'll be home soon"

I bite my lip again

"Alright Sky, see ya in a bit then...”

-click-

I flop onto my bed and closed my eyes expecting darkness, but Dan's smiling image filled my head instead...