Chapter 15

While nibbling on a slice of our freshly baked cake, I sit beside Dan, watching as he updates his twitter account, doing promos for their gig tomorrow.

I stare intensely at his phone, seeing the many mentions he would get from fans, and how he would scroll down replying to a large majority of them.

Ilookup to see a big smile plastered across his face. I love the fact he loves his fans so much. He senses me looking at him, swiftly turning around, locking our eyes into each other, before leaning in to give me a peck on my forehead.

I giggle and return my gaze to his phone.

He scrolls through them once again, answering to questions.

One question stands out to me all of a sudden:

Dan! Do you have a girlfriend? :) xx

Dan, who was obviously reading the same tweet as me, turns to look at me, making me tense up a little bit.

He smiles at me encouragingly,

“What if we went public?”

I’m stunned and can’tthinkof a reply. All these different thoughts run through my head right now regarding this situation. This was bound to happen, and we may as well tell the fans sooner rather than later. Hate. Will I be able to handle the hate messages from jealous fans? But one thought constantly overrides the rest: it’s the easiest approach for Kalia to find out.

“I like to beopenand honest with my fans-” he starts to explain himself.

“But what if they don’t like the idea of us, and you end up losing fans?” I interrupt.

“Well I guess we’ll know how many real fans we have…” he says almost cautiously.

“I guess…but-“

“You have say in this, I’m not gonna decide on my own if you’re unhappy with it,”

I stare into his eyes intensely, and sense that he’s virtually pleading for me to accept this idea.

“I’m completely fine with it,” I smile at him with reassurance.

“I love you, you know that right?” He returns a big smile.

I nod shyly, snuggling into his shoulder.

Dan opens up the girl’s tweet, and replies with a simple ‘yep :) x

Literally 10 seconds later, his mentions box floods up again, this time all questions about, well…me.

‘What’s her name?’

‘Can we meet her?’

‘Aww,congrats, so happy for you!’

‘How long have you been together?’

‘No! Dan! You’re mine!’

‘How old is she?’

The thought of having so many people talking about me without even knowing me is sort of weird.

Dan senses that I’ve been a bit tensed up over the tweets, and puts his phone away, smiling at me for comfort.

“Thanks” I whisper, resting my head on his lap and kicking my feet up on the couch.

He plays with my long hair, and we both fall silent.

I close my eyes, absorbing in the fact that Dan and I are now in a public relationship. Hopefully I didn’t make the wrong choice.

A few minutes later, the front door opens, and we see Micky and Sky appear in the lounge.

“Woaaahh! Saw the news on twitter. Congrats you two!” He says excitedly, giving Dan a slap on the back, and me a big hug.

I walk up to Sky,

“What about Kalia?” is the first thing that comes out from her mouth.

“I’ve decided I may as well tell her soon, so this will do it,”

She pulls me in for a tight hug, another way of saying that she supports my idea.

“Hey! Sky! Back off my girl!” Dan shouts from across the room. Sky lets go from our hug and throws her hands up in the air like she had just been caught red-handed, causing us all to crack up laughing.

“Hey, um, we’ve been told we gotta do a Ustream now about our gig tomorrow, so would it be alright if we did it here?” Micky asks me.

“Yeah sure, go ahead,” I reply, quickly moving to set up the computer we have connected to the tv.

We have the Ustream running smoothly in no time. Sky and I sit on the couch next to the boys, off camera, watching them interact with their fans. We watch the number of viewers tick up dramatically, and we watch as the fans’ messages flood up the chat.

I read them, and they’re practically all about me. Dan finishes up the gig details, and asks for fan questions.

I see Micky and Sky having what looks like a telepathic conversation, with a few raised eyebrows, nods, and reassuring smiles.

“Are you single? No I’m currently not single; what’s her name? Mia; how old is she? She’s a year younger than me”

I sit watching as Dan reads out and responds to the questions, it was hard to find a decent question that wasn’t about me…

“Why aren’t you guys asking about my girlfriend?” Micky suddenly exclaims on camera.

I switch glances at Sky and Micky, both smiling ridiculously wide.

The interactive chat floods up again, questions thrown around about me and Sky.

“Are they here with you? Get them on camera,” Dan reads out one of the messages.

“Get yourselves over here!” Micky says excitedly.

We take a seat in the middle of the couch.

I watch Micky drape his arm over Sky’s shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

I feel Dan’s arms around my waist, and he pulls me onto his lap, giving me a peck on the cheek, making me blush on camera.

“So this is my beautiful girlfriend Mia,” Dan says with a big smile, momentarily giving me another peck on the cheek.

“And this is my amazing girlfriend Sky,” Micky follows on, giving Sky a little kiss on the forehead.

Sky and I shyly wave to the camera, aware that every action we take now, it is being watched by a few hundred fans.

Messages along the line of ‘Aawwwww’ or ‘you guys are so cute together’ fill the chat, making me smile. It’s reassuring to see the fans accepting our relationship.

We spent the next hour answering questions, doing challenges, and prank calling Greg.

“Dan and I have to go now, got stuff to sort out for tomorrow,” Micky explains.

“We’ll pick you up at 10,” Dan continues with a smile.

Sky and I both nod our heads, before giving our boyfriends a goodbye hug and kiss.

“Right. This gig. I’m inviting Kalia to it, she knows Dan’s in a boyband, and if she doesn’t know we’re in a relationship, well she’ll be sure to find out tomorrow,” I make it clear to Sky as soon as the front door closes.

She doesn’t disagree. We sit ourselves on the couch, and she watches as I compose my txt message to Kalia.

Hey! Dunno whether you know, but GMD3 has a gig tomorrow at the mall, 1pm. You gonna be there?

I look up at Sky for approval before pressing send.                       

Yeah sure! I’ll see you there x

She texts back.

I sigh in relief; maybe this can all work out after all.