Chapter 38

A/N: Wow! You guys got to 30votes and 20comments unbelievably fast! Thankyou! :)

So as promised, here's the next chapter!

(Check the bottom A/N for the next target goal) xx

-------------------------------------------------

Out the corner of my eye, I see the studio door fly open, and Dan comes rushing over, his worried expression matching mine.

He takes hold of both my shaky hands and looks me straight into the eye, attempting to calm my tense self.

"What's wrong Mia?"

A lump forms in my throat, and I struggle to form words. "It's Sky..." I manage to say.

"What happened?" He urges again.

"I don't know. She sent me this text just before-" I pass him my phone, which is still open on the message. "I tried calling her just now but she isn't picking up! What do I do Dan?" The last few words come out barely a whisper. I look down as I try to contain my thoughts and tears.

"I'm sure she's fine Mia," he tries, his hand rubbing my back for comfort. "Everything will be fine," he repeats again- it sounds as if he's trying to convince himself as well.

"Sky?"

Me and Dan's heads snap towards the direction of the sound- realising it came from Micky. He's leaning on the frame of the door and has evidently just overheard our whole conversation.

I feel my heart sink.

"Mia! Dan! Where the hell is Sky and what's happened?!" Micky raises his voice.

Dan and I exchange a glance, before returning our attention to Micky, none of us saying a word.

"Oh, that's just great, no one's telling me a thing about MY girlfriend," his words trail off and his voice becomes shaky, and I know I can't lie to him any longer.

"Micky," I exhale a breath. "Sorry we've been keeping all this from you, but Sky didn't want you to know so you wouldn't be worried."

Micky raises his eyebrow at me, slightly unconvinced. "So where is she? What's happened?"

"She's over with her parents and grandparents. She left in a hurry last night and I haven't been able to contact her since."

"So you've been lying to me Mia? And Dan? You've known about this too and didn't tell me," Micky says, annoyed.

"It was for your own good mate, none of us wanted to see you worried," Dan speaks up, defending our actions.

Micky looks at us in disbelief, as the truth comes crashing down on him.

"Fuck this," I hear him mumble under his breath as he runs for the door. We sit in silence and seconds later, we hear the loud slamming of the front door.

Micky probably now hates us for keeping the truth from him...

"Dan-" I start to say, wanting to hear him comfort me, as tears roll down my face.

But I get nothing.

I look up and see that Dan's as shocked as I am. Seconds later, he sighs loudly. "I think we should get you home."

We get home and I beg Dan to stay a while longer. The thought of being home alone with nothing but silence doesn't really appeal to me.

Dan's sat on the couch and my head's resting on his lap, as I feel his fingers twirl my hair.

His presence soothes me.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Mick," I say, sitting up beside him.

"It's not your fault Mia," he replies, his voice soft and calm.

I nod and look at him, and my thoughts start to go crazy again- I'm so lucky to have Dan. He's everything I've ever wanted.

I smile to myself but Dan catches my expression.

"What's with the huge smile?" He asks, his tone teasing.

I shake my head. "Nothing," I try not to giggle.

He eyes at me suspiciously. "Don't make me tickle you!" He laughs.

"I was just thinking about my boyfriend," I shrug breezily.

I watch as he grins, but he plays along. "Oh yeah? Who may that be?"

"He's perfect- in every way possible," I smile at him, and he returns his million dollar smile back.

"You know I love you right?"

"Mmhm, you may have mentioned it here and there," I reply, erupting giggles among us.

His brown eyes meet mine as he slowly leans in, our lips lingering close for a few seconds before touching.

The touch of his lips on mine seem to lift away all the stress that has been on my shoulders the past day.

We kiss passionately, it's like we're in our own little world.

But we hear a key turn in the front door, and the turning of the knob as the door opens, shortly followed by it closing.

We exchange worried looks, as the footsteps approach.

"Mia?"

I hear the familiar voice of Sky and a wave of relief comes over me.

"Sky!" Dan and I exclaim as she enters the living room.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Dun dun duunnnn!! Did any of you expect that? what has Sky been so torn up over the last few days? Comment on your predictions down below, we'd love to hear them!! :)

As our next little target, I think it's only fair we made it that little much harder, since we got 15 votes in just 12 hours on that last chap:

- 50 votes

- 30 comments (Plot predictions, what you would like to see from us in the future, Critique, where in the world you guys are reading from etc.)

We'll post chapter 39 when we reach the mark!

You 3eeks are incredible! :D xx