Chapter 23

A/N: 15k reads! We made it!!! :) Here you go! As promised. Enjoy! :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're kidding me? You agreed to a freaking double date?" Sky screams at me over lunch.

"Yeah but I mean, did you see how torn up Greg was yesterday? I had to do whatever I could to get a second chance out of Kalia!"

"A double date though?! Really? Do you know how horribly wrong it could all go?" She retorts back.

"It's not gonna be that bad..." I try to convince her, and myself.

"Your boyfriend being in the same place as the chick who's hitting on him, yeah, 'not that bad'?!" She groans in frustration.

"I'll be with Dan the whole time, she's not gonna do anything! I can't back out now anyway. I promised I'd help Greggers, and besides, the boys are gonna be here in a bit," I say calmly, taking a look at the clock on my wall.

"Just glue yourself to Dan okay? Don't let Kalia get anywhere near him okay?" Sky finally says.

"Yeah I know,"

And with that, the doorbell rings.

"I'll see ya tonight Sky! Have fun with Micky today!" I shout over my shoulder before skipping out the door.

"Candy floss!" Dan screams as a kid walks by with a massive stick of candy floss in his hand, the thing was bigger than the poor kid's head!

I laugh at him; "Dan you're such an egg,"

He bats his eyelashes playfully at me; "I try."

He pulls me towards him by the waist and I bat him away giggling.

"Um guys?" Kalia interrupts.

I clench my fists. It's only the fifth time she's interrupted me and Dan's little moments.

I roll my eyes internally and we stop to turn back to Greg and Kalia.

We were standing in line to get tickets to the annual carnival and I have to admit it, it looks pretty awesome.

Dan had suggested that we had our double date at the carnival since he hadn't been to one in ages. I smile, he looked like an adorable puppy when he begged.

"So um, what's your favorite song?" Greg asks attempting to start a conversation with Kalia.

"I dunno," she responds before turning her back to us.

I roll my eyes at her back. Why does she keep doing that?

Greg gives me a sad smile and I give him an apologetic one before pushing past him to stand next to Kalia.

"Girl what is up with you today?" I say as I fall into step next to her.

She doesn't look at me.

"Kalia stop this. I thought you were keen?"

"I am, it's just. Greg's just-"

"Greg's just what?" I say exasperated cutting her off.

"I don't know." She says blankly.

"You know that's the only sentence you've said to him today."

Before I could pester her more we were at the front of the queue. The boys paid, we got our wristbands on and headed into the carnival.

"Holy crap!" Dan squeals excitedly.

I laugh and facepalm, even Greg cracks a smile.

"You're such a kid Dan," Kalia speaks up.