Chapter 37

I wake, feeling too warm for my liking. Dan's still fast asleep, with his head on my chest, his arm over me, holding me close.

As morning light filters through my curtains, I take a moment to absorb the fact that Dan has spent the whole night with me, and I smile at the thought, feeling strangely calm and secure.

I drink in the sight of his sandy brown hair covering his eyes. I slowly move my hand up and brush aside the smattering of hair. He stirs, but it doesn't wake him.

I chuckle and lean over to tenderly plant my lips to his forehead. He moans and moves again, and his eyes slowly flutter open, his gorgeous chocolate eyes meeting mine.

"Hi," I grin at him, guiltily.

"Morning," Dan says, sending butterflies loose in my stomach- His accent more pronounced and his voice deep and raspy. "What are you doing?" He continues.

"Looking at you," I admit quietly, feeling my cheeks flame up.

He grins cheesily and strokes my nose with his, before giving me a small kiss.

I yawn, stretching my arms over my head while his arms are still locked around my waist. "What's the plan for today?"

"Well, I have a band meeting," he says slowly and softly.

My chest tightens at the indirect mention of Greg. I haven't seen or spoke to him since what happened with Kalia. Does he hate me? Does Dan blame me for what I said to Greg? Did I ruin their close friendship?

Dan catches my pale expression evidently plastered on my face, and takes my hand with his. He rubs it soothingly with his thumb and fiddles with the promise ring on my finger.

"We'll sort this out, I promise," he says, giving me a short reassuring kiss on my knuckles.

The corner of my lips lift slightly, regaining confidence. "Can I go with you?"

Dan looks at me, surprised by my question. "Yeah sure!"

We eventually get up out of bed and we take our time making and enjoying breakfast, until a phonecall from Micky comes to hurry us up. Before I knew it, we were in the car driving to their apartment. My stomach clenches with anxiousness, as I start to rehearse how I should approach Greg and apologise- this situation has to be sorted once and for all.

I grasp onto Dan's hand tightly as we walk towards the door. To my relief, Micky opens it to greet us.

"Mia! I wasn't expecting you to come," he says over-cheerfully. "Is Sky with you?" He asks, hopefully.

I quickly wrack my brain for an excuse. "No she's not. She...came back late last night, she's still asleep."

I see Micky's expression drop, making me feel bad for continuously feeding him lies. But I have to respect Sky's decision of not letting him know.

As Micky turns to walk back into the house, I feel Dan's eyes grill into me. I look up at his almost disapproving expression, and I sigh, shrugging.

As we continue to walk towards the studio, we bump into Greg.

"Hey," I say cautiously.

"Hey Mia, haven't seen you in a while," Greg says, his tone equally as cautious. He switches glances between me and Dan.

"Yeah..." I take a deep breath to build my courage. "And about that, I want to apologise for everything that happened last week with Kalia. I -"

Greg cuts off my rambling. "It's okay Mia, I'm sorry too, I overreacted that day."

I smile and accept his apology. "How's things between you and Kalia?"

I see his face light up at the mention of her name. "We're really good," Greg says, trying not to sound over-excited.

At this point, Micky comes over to hurry us up again.

I feel Dan's arm wrap around my waist, and gives me a little squeeze and a kiss on the top of my head, instantly relaxing me as we walk into the studio.

An hour or so of listening to the boys' intense discussion of plans, I feel my phone vibrate softly. I pull it out and to my surprise an relief, I see a message from Sky. I quickly open it:

'Something's happened. I'll explain in person x'

I feel my heart pound against my skin as I quickly excuse myself.

I dial her number and press my phone against my ear, realising now that my hands are shaking.

As I pace back and forth in the living room, I silently pray that she will pick up and tell me everything's okay.

The ringing stops and I hold my breath with anticipation of hearing her answer, but instead I'm greeted by the voicemail she and Micky had recorded together. I end the voicemail without leaving a message and let out a shaky, frustrated sigh.

Where the hell is she? What's happened?

I slump myself on the couch with my best friend's vague text message imprinted in my mind, and a billion worried thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey 3eeks! Hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry for the long wait! I think from now on, I'm gonna give myself a time frame, which all depends on you guys! So, if you want the next chapter up faster, get this to 30 votes and 20 comments, and I'll post a new chapter when it gets to that mark. Fair enough? :) x