Chapter 9

After our meal and Dan had paid the bill, we get ready to hop into his car for another half hour drive... Not that I'm complaining, 30 minutes with Dan is not something to complain about. I smile from beneath my scarf, hand in Dan's as we hop into the car.

Our car ride was a little uneventful, apart from the casual short story from Micky, the witty jokes from Dan and of course, Sky's never-ending giggles.

"Here you are ladies!" Dan announces slinging his arm around my seat, flicking glances between Sky and I after we park into the driveway of my home. I turn around just in time to see Sky give Micky a quick peck on the cheek and leave out the door.

"Thanks Dan!" she calls before swiftly closing the car door.

Micky turns a deep red, his mouth still open in shock.

Shit! What do I do now? I turn to look at Dan, his eyes all hopeful.

"Thanks, I had a good time" I say slowly, my brain still trying to rack up an idea to top Sky's.

I got nothing....

I grab the door handle ready to leave... until a warm hand appears from behind my neck, locking my head in place. I look into Dan's lust-filled eyes as they study my face slowly.

His gaze stops at my lips.

I gasp.

"Dan..." is all I can manage and before I know it, his soft lips crash onto mine.

The sparks begin gently; a tingling sensation spreads over my lips. Then the fireworks began to explode. I start to kiss him back, gently grazing my lower lip against his. A small moan escapes from between his lips. Reality hits me after a second. Holy shit he's kissing me!! I snap open my eyes and pull away quickly. His eyes were diluted and had turned a deep glistening brown.

Say something Mia!!

"Um..." A voice says from behind.

Dan and I snap our heads in the direction of the voice.

SHIT! MICKY!

Dan grills him with an annoyed look as Micky tries and fails to suppress a smile.

"Er..." Micky chokes out.

Dan. Just kissed me. In front of Micky. I'm getting out of here.

I gather all my strength and push open the car door.

Running my hand over my face I walk to the front door that had already been opened by Sky, close it behind me and lean against it trying to recollect my thoughts.

Dan kissed me. Dan Ferrari-Lane just kissed me. He kissed me!

A smile broke out onto my face and I bury my head in my hands

"Mia!" I hear from upstairs.

I make a move to go upstairs, but my legs had a mind of its own, and I sink to the ground.

Sky's footsteps echo from the top of the staircase.

"Mia!! Holy shit!! Are you okay!?"

With my face still buried in my hands I nod.

In a flash, she's beside me "What the hell? What are you doing on the floor?"

I shake my head.

I hear her sigh and sit on the floor next to me.

"What happened?" she asks, her voice concerned... Wait what? Why is she concerned?

Oh right. She can't see how my smile is almost tearing my face apart.