Chapter 14

Pots and pans clang loudly in the kitchen, and soon the sweet smell of pancakes waft into my room, my eyes flickeropen.

Oh Sky. I’m grateful she didn’t wake me up this morning, glad she let me recover from yesterday.

I get changed out of my pyjamas, and head downstairs.

To my total surprise, I see Dan standing in the kitchen, stacking pancakes onto two plates; Sky nowhere to be seen. She must’ve gone out with Micky, and let him in.

So my boyfriend can also cook. Can he get any more perfect! I smile at the thought.

I creep up behind him, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.

“Boo!” I shout in his ear, giggling.

“I heard you coming down the stairs silly,” He chuckles, emptying his hands to turn around andfaceme.

I pretend tolooksad as he had ruined my fun. He leans down to kiss me gently on my lips, bringing a grin to both our faces.

“Good Morning Beautiful,” he says, taking a glance at the clock on the wall. “Actually, Good afternoon lazy!” he smirks, pulling me in closer, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

“Your girlfriend likes her sleep alright?” I poke my tongue out at him- 11am isn’t THAT late! And besides, I would’ve woken up earlier, but I just wanted time to rethink through the situation concerning Kalia from yesterday, something I refuse to tell Dan about right now.

“You should be glad you have an amazing boyfriend that makes you breakfast,” he smirks, giving me a wink.

“Show off!” I giggle, giving him a peck on the lips.

I release myself from his arms, grabbing our two plates, the syrup, and placing it on the dining table.

I put the last forkful in my mouth-

“Unacceptable. You didn’t make enough! I’m still hungry!” I shake my head in disappointment as I try to keep a straight face.

“Sorry, I forgot that this food critic eats a lot!” he teases.

“Oh shut up!” I chuckle, rolling my eyes at him.

The loud pitter patter of heavy rain turns our attention. There is no way we can go out in this weather.

“Right, so am I allowed a private cooking lesson off my food critic?” Dan snaps my attention back by clapping his hands together.

“Oohh, that’s gonna be hard, seeing as you burnt microwave popcorn a few days ago,” I tease him.

“That was your fault. Don’t forget!”

I push him away playfully.

“Pleeasseee,” he begs.

“Fine,” I finally agree. His eyes widen up in excitement as I roll my eyes at him again.

I make my way into the kitchen, gathering the supplies for asimplechocolate cake, as Dan cleans up after our breakfast.

“Am I allowed to help you?” He throws his arms around my neck, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Duh!” I smirk.

“Well, you’re the teacher and I’m the student here…”

I giggle, reminding myself of when Dan was teaching me piano.

“Okay. So firstly you-”I turn my head to find Dan raiding my fridge. “Dan Ferrari-Lane! Pay attention!” I snap at him.

He turns around, mouth full of whipped cream.