Chapter 10

Sky has already gone out; with Micky I’m assuming- who else? - But what an effort, waking up early just for him.

I drag myself sluggishly out of bed.

The thought of me and Dan’s date today comes across my mind, and I’m suddenly all energetic. He’s been so busy lately with the band, recording and writing songs with Greg and Micky. Not that I’m saying it’s his fault we haven’t seen each other in a while, I mean, they’re just chasing their dream! Every night over the last few days, Dan would ring me just so he can hear my voice- or so he tells me. We would spend all night, and the early hours into the morning talking, until one of us would fall asleep. We’ve gotten to know each other so much better, and he had finally reassured me by telling me he likes me. The phone calls have been nice, but I’m looking forward to seeing him today!

I draw back my curtains, looking out at the completely white surrounding. I watch as the snow continues to fall, slowly thickening on the ground. It’s windy and gloomy too. My mood dampens a bit; what perfect weather for a date…

Pushing the thought of the weather aside, I practically empty out my closet, just to find something date- worthy to wear, that would also keep me from freezing to death.

The doorbell rings.

I quickly get changed and stumble towards the front door. Fixing my hair and trying to look like I didn’t just get out of bed.

I open the door to be greeted by Dan with the biggest grin on his face.

“Hey!” we greet each other in sync, then giggling at what we had just done.

“Come in! It’s freezing out there!” I say, taking him by the hand and dragging him inside, shutting the door behind us quickly.

“You kept me out there waiting for so long! You should be glad I didn’t turn into an ice block!” He says almost seriously.

“I’m sorry,” I reply, giving him my best attempt of the puppy dog face.

I open up my arms, asking for a hug, to which he accepts without a second’s thought.

I feel his body heat radiate off him, and I absorb in his familiar scent as we hug each other tightly.

“I’m feeling a bit warmer already, but you know what will warm me up a lot more?” He asks me, as he pulls out from our hug.

I shrug in confusion.

“A hello kiss,” he says cheekily, cute smile and all, pointing at his lips. I chuckle. Nope. Not gonna be that easy Mr Ferrari-Lane. I shake my head at him, with an innocent smile, giving him a small kiss on the cheek instead.

“Give me five minutes, I was still getting ready, until you came and interrupted me,” I tell him, trying to sound stern.

“Sure thing. But you look fine as is, Mia” He says, smiling, while taking a seat on the couch.

I rush to the bathroom, quickly doing my hair and whatnot to make myself look decent. I walk back into the lounge, stopping by the door.

I watch Dan, who was sitting there playing with his car keys quietly.

I take the chance, and sneak up to him, snatching his beanie quickly.

“Hey!” he shouts, his reflexes not fast enough to keep me from taking his beanie from his head.

I make a mad dash around the house, looking for a hiding spot.

I fail miserably, as Dan catches up to me in no time.

He grabs me by the waist, pinning me down on the floor, sitting on top of me- tickling me. I squirm around, laughing, trying to free myself.

“No! Stop! Ahh! Okay! You win!” I cry out between laughs. I'm extremely ticklish…

Dan frees me, letting me sit up to catch my breath, beanie still in my hand.

“Hand it over, before I tickle you some more!” he says mischievously.

I look at him with puppy dog eyes again, hugging his beanie tight, and then putting it on my own head.

He lets out a little chuckle, “you look cute in it!” he says.

I feel my cheeks turning red, “Nah, you look better in it,” I reply, putting the beanie back onto his head.

We sit there, eyes locked into each other’s for a while. Have I really landed myself on a perfect boy?

“So! Where are we going?” I ask curiously, breaking the silence.

“It’s a surprise!” Dan tells me again.

I think he’s found out my little dislike for secrets and surprises…

I punch him playfully in the arm, then tugging at his sleeve, pleading for an answer.

He looks at me with a cheeky smile, and shakes his head.

“Fine then,” I pretend to look cross at him.

Caught off guard, he tickles me again, as I burst out into tears of laughter.

He gives me a peck on the cheek, standing up, offering me his hand, and we walk out the door.

A gust of cold wind smacks me in the face, making me shiver. We quickly get to his car, which was parked outside our driveway, and he turns on the heating system as I sigh in relief.

I look out the window, as we drive through the snow covered town.

I feel Dan’s hand slowly interlocking into mine; the butterflies in my stomach awaken. I turn around and smile at him shyly; I see him look over at me, probably anticipating for me to shout at him for not keeping both hands on the wheel.

He raises his eyebrows at me after a few seconds. I smile, holding onto his hand tightly, closing the gaps between our fingers.