Chapter 21

"Kalia stay still!" I scold at her as I pin her hair into place.

Helping her get ready for her date, I start getting worried- It seems like I'm more excited for her date than she is...

"Geez, sorry! I guess I'm just a little nervous," she says, fiddling with the bobby pins.

I reach over her shoulder and take another pin to pin a piece of stray hair in place.

"It'll be fine, Greg's a great guy," I assure her, "finished!"

She looks up at the mirror and a gasp escapes her lips.

"It's beautiful!" She exclaims.

"What can I say?" I smirk admiring my work.

"Thanks Mia!"

I smile, "No problem."

Her doorbell rings.

"Must be Greg," I realize checking the time, exactly 3pm.

"No! What? I'm not ready yet!" She screams in panic.

"What are you talking about? You look amazing!"

"Mia! Just, go distract him! I'll be right down."

I roll my eyes at her.

"Fine but don't be too long! It's rude!" I throw over my shoulder as I walk downstairs to greet Greg.

"GREGOR-" I stop short when I see a blonde haired smiling Greg holding a bouquet of white flowers.

"Awwhh!!" I exclaim.

"Mia?" He answers, extremely confused.

"That's so cute!! Oh sorry, Kalia's not ready yet. She'll be down soon." I giggle nervously.

"Oh.. Right..." He says uncertainly.

"The flowers are beautiful, she's going to love them!" I offer to which he grins widely.

I poke my head back into the house, "KALIA!!"

"Coming!" Her voice rings through.

Footsteps begin to echo from the stairs so I throw the door wide open.

"Wow," I hear Greg whisper quietly.

"Hi," Kalia smiles to Greg.

"Hey," he replies holding out the bouquet, "these are for you."

She thanks him shyly and a few awkward seconds of silence later I decide to interject, "You two kids have fun!" I tell them taking the flowers off Kalia, "I'll put these in a vase for you."

Greg escorts her out of the house and turns around to face me, 'thanks' he mouths. I wink back at him in response and close the front door.

Heading back upstairs I decide to clean up the massive mess we made in Kalia's room. Once that was done, I flop down onto the living room couch with nothing to do.

My finger hovers over Dan's name on my phone. I hope he's not busy.

The dial tone rings 2 times before the other end of the line picks up.

"Hello gorgeous," the perfect voice from the line says, instantly making me smile.

I laugh, "how do you even know it's me?"

"I know my beautiful girlfriend's voice when I hear it?"

"I didn't even say hi first!"

That stumps him for a bit.