Chapter 12

We leave the theatre to head back to my house. The memory of this date engraved in my head.

We arrive back at my house, our hands were intertwined the whole trip back.

The sun’s out, turning all the snow from this morning into slush around us.

I invite Dan in, to which he doesn’t hesitate to accept. We step into the house, hand in hand, and walk into the lounge.

We stop at the doorway though, with the sight of Micky and Sky fully making out on the couch. Dan and I look at each other and crack up laughing.

“Mate! Get a room!” Dan shouts at them.

We watch as their attention snaps to us, both of them turning red. I’m surprised they didn’t just ignore us and carried on, looked like they were so into it.

Sky gets up off the couch, walking over to me, leaving Micky awkwardly on the couch.

I let go of Dan’s hand, the palm of my hand turning cold quickly from not having his warm hand in mine.

“New year’s resolution resolved?” I smirk at Sky.

She rolls her eyes but quickly winks at me.

"How was your date?" she asks looking at me and Dan.

"It was amazing" I say truthfully, gazing up at him. He scoops my hand back into his and leans down to peck me on the lips.

"Agghh, who needs a room now!?" Micky exclaims covering his eyes.

I laugh has Sky rolls her eyes. "You're such a spazz Micky," she says.

"Yeah.. well..." He trails off, walking over to her, wrapping his arms around her and giving a peck on the cheek.

"Now now guys... who's up for a movie? It's bloody freezing in here" Dan says ushering us into my living room.

Sky and Micky immediately skip over to my large Mahogany DVD cupboard. My parents are major film buff, so I probably have every DVD known to mankind.

Dan walks into my kitchen and not long after, I hear the pops of popcorn and buttery small wafts of air that has drifted into the living room.

"Are you outta your mind!?!?" Sky screams at Micky all of a sudden.

"Whaaat?"

"Saw V!?" she yells, "Mia! Why the hell do you even have this!?"

I shrug my shoulders. I've never seen Saw V before but I've seen the first Saw movie and it was literally the scariest shit I've ever seen in my life. So technically, Sky's outburst wasn't exactly an exaggeration this time.

"Nah. We're watching Marley and Me," Sky announces snatching the Saw DVD off Micky.

"Heeeyy!!" He whines like a little kid, prying the DVD out of her hands, and places it in the DVD player.

"Micky! We. Are. Not. Watching. Saw!" She yells.

"Pleeaasse?" He whines again.

"No." she says firmly, ejecting the DVD.

He opens his mouth to protest but Sky cuts him off by placing her lips onto Micky's.

"Oh brother!" I exclaim throwing my hands up into the air.

Sky pulls away, giving Micky her puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, Marley and Me it is then." He says grinning.

Sky shoots me a satisfied look. I sigh at her and go into the kitchen.

Those lovebirds. I can’t help smiling at the thought of Sky so happy though. Through all of the years I've known her and through all of the guys that have been wrong for her, I'm just glad to see she's finally found the one.