Chapter 43

"He hates me," Sky whimpers helplessly again for almost the tenth time after Micky had hastily left in anger.

I sigh sympathetically but my mind's continuously reeling with ways to fix this annoying situation. Sky's leaving TOMORROW and Micky won't even give her the chance to tell him!

My head pounds under the pressure of trying to get them back together before she leaves. But not that it will matter anyway since she's leaving. What the hell am I even suppossed to do?! I've already tried calling him 3 times and each time he's left his phone to go to voicemail.

Left without another choice, I press the dial button on Dan's name.

"Hey,"

"Dan, has Micky told you what happened?" I ask him quickly.

"Mia, he hasn't spoken to me since he stormed out that time we lied to him about Sky," he sighs.

I bite my lip nervously, I'm running out of ideas quicker than Micky had stormed out of the house.

I leave the room and explain to Dan what had just gone down between Micky and Sky.

"What the hell?" He gasps.

"Yup," I say, exhaling my frustration.

"Alright, I'll try find him. You need to spend some time with Sky since she's... you know..." He trails off.

I choke back a sob as I remember that she's leaving me.

"Ok, see you," I say and hang up.

I breathe deeply, banishing the sad thoughts from my mind. Sky needs a happy last day before she has to leave tomorrow.

I go back to the broken Sky in the living room.

"Hey hey..." I say soothingly, propping her up on the sofa. Her eyes are red and her puffy cheeks reappear from when she told Dan and I that she was leaving.

I force her to take a shower and get changed, before leaving the house to take in the fresh air and warm sunshine.

"Come on, we have to make this day memorable!" I announce, taking her hand and leading her down the street.

We had a great day, despite her broken relationship. I took her to the park we always go to, where we reminisced over all the funny times we had. We went to the mall, and got her a bunch of English gifts and souvenirs for her family and friends back in Aussie. Finally we went downtown where she'd never been before and took a bunch of photos of the famous England landmarks. At the end of the day, she was laughing and smiling like the Sky I knew and loved.

Before heading home, we make a quick stop at the boys' studio apartment

"I'm not going in there," she says as we stop in front of their door.

I roll my eyes and ring the doorbell. She tries to make a break for it but the door clicks open just in time to stop her in her tracks, revealing a hopeful Dan.

"Oh hey," he says when he realises that it's us. "Sorry, I thought you were Mick-"

I interrupt him by clearing my throat, throwing a glance towards Sky who ha been staring at the floor.

Dan gives me an understanding nod and opens the door fully for us to enter.

We throw our shopping bags onto the couches and take a seat while Dan makes us a cup of tea.

Suddenly Greg emerges from one of the rooms.

"Hey girls!" He greets us giving me a hug.

"Hey Greg,"

He moves over to Sky and engulfs her in a massive hug. "Sky, I'm going to miss you so much!"

Sky returns the hug and nods, "I'm going to miss you too Greggers!"

We all sit down and chat like the good old times like when we first got to know each other. I see Sky's smile grow wider and wider as we spend more time with Dan and Greg.

After a good half an hour, Dan catches my eye and gestures his head towards the kitchen.

I excuse myself and leave to the kitchen. Sure enough Dan picks up the teapot and follows me.

I lean on one of the kitchen benches and raise an eyebrow at Dan.

He ignores me for a few seconds while her refills the teapot.

"So..." He begins, "I managed to talk to Micky,"

I stand up instantly, fully alert now.

"He's still really upset," he says turning around to face me, "he told me what happened from his point of view. He just wants Sky to tell him what happened-"

"Wait, Sky and I tried calling him and he won't even pick up his phone," I say, cutting him off.

"He just feels betrayed. He needs some time," Dan replies, trying to reason with me.

"Uh, Sky leaves TOMORROW," I stress.

"I know..."

"He needs to know NOW because she leaves in 24 hours!"

"Shh Mia..." Dan whispers taking a step closer to me.

He wraps me in a hug and kisses my temple.

"Can you imagine, ignoring your girlfriend and then getting the news that she's going to be leaving forever?" I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"No I can't," he whispers back pressing another kiss to my cheek.

We stay wrapped up together for a minute before pulling away and heading back to the living room.

I plaster on a big smile for Sky and watch as she chats happily away to us. I can't let this girl leave on such a short notice.

All of a sudden the apartment phone rings,

"I got it," Greg says before reaching over Sky and picking up the phone on its holder.

"Hello?"

I shoot a questioning look at Dan, he shrugs back.

I was about to ask Sky another question before...

"Oh hey Micky. Nothing much. Just hanging out with Dan, Mia and Sky,"

Silence.

"Hello? Micky? You there?"

Oh shit.

The three of us freeze in shock and disbelief and all our eyes are fixed on Greg.

Then, in the blink of an eye, Sky jumps off the couch and heads for the door.

All of a sudden, everything turns chaotic as Dan rushes off to chase after Sky.

"Got to go Greg, see you at the airport tomorrow," I quickly say before dashing out the door to find them both.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for the crazy amount of support! We feel as if we're not doing enough sometimes, coz you guys are so supportive and stick by us even though we update so slowly :L