Chapter 16

Sky and I wake up earlier than usual, emptying out the closet to find something to wear. It’s a bit hard now knowing we’ll probably be judged by our every choice andaction.

We finally finish getting ready after an hour of contemplating.

“Excited, but nervous,” Sky states as we sit at the dining table with a hot cup of tea.

I nod my head in agreement.

“Do you think we’ll be recognised by a lot of people?”

I shrug my shoulders, “no idea,”

The thought of it actually frightens me quite a bit. I’ve never been the type to like being under the limelight, but I guess it all comes with being the girlfriend of a boyband member.

I log onto my twitter account, to see quite a few new mentions. I click the tab and read them.

“You don’t deserve to be Dan’s girlfriend!”

“What does Dan even like about you!?”

I stop scrolling and let my phone slip out of my grasp. I wasn’t wrong thinking about those haters yesterday.

my phone hits the table with a loud bang.

“What’s up?” Sky looks up a bit confused, she sees my pale expression, and herfacedrops.

I slide my phone across the table, and watch as she picks it up to read the tweets.

Her face quickly turns into what looks like anger, her mouth hangingopenwhile she shakes her head in bewilderment.

“These fucking bitches! Why would they say something like this! They’re so rude!” She exclaims in frustration.

Ilookat her blankly; she calms herself down.

“Mia, don’t take any of these messages to heart, they’re just jealous you have such an amazing boyfriend, they’ll get over it. And they won’t dare saying anything like that in front of your face today, and besides, they’re in the minority- you saw the many people who were congratulating you two yesterday.” Sky tries her best to comfort me, her voice confident and full of frustration.

She has a point, but people do have double sides. Ugh, so envious of Sky for not having a twitter account…

“Yeah,” I say, biting my lip to hold my tears.

“You gotta tell Dan about-”

“No.” I interrupt her, shaking my head side to side vigorously. “No, I can’t do that. I can’t tell him that I’m getting hate messages from his fans right before he does a gig! He needs to interact with their fans happily.”

“I- I guess so.” Sky replies reluctantly, “Promise me you’ll tell him sooner or later okay? He needs to know,”

“I’ll find the right time to tell him,” I say, more confident now. “Right. That aside, shouldn’t we be really excited and hyper for our boys? First ever gig!”

Sky and I share a little excited cheer, to which we are interrupted by the ring of the doorbell.

I open the door to see Dan smiling down at me. I slide over to the side, letting Micky in to rush straight for Sky; hugging her tightly, then picking her up and spinning her around.

Dan and I laugh as we watch them; it looked as if they hadn’t seen each other for ages.

“You look…stunning,” Dan says, giving me a slight wink.

I grin widely, “Thank you! You’re looking pretty good yourself,” I chuckle.

He gives me a peck on the lips before we pry Sky and Micky away from each other, and push them towards the parked car.