Chapter 27

"Greg!" Kalia calls out putting on a weak pathetic voice.

What did I do.

'You slapped her, that's what you did...' A voice in the back of my head says.

I whip around to look at Sky. Her eyes widen at me, warning me.

"Mia what the hell?!" Greg repeats, going over to Kalia.

"I..." I start. How do I even begin to explain.

"Greg, lets go." Kalia says putting a pained expression on her face.

"No, Mia what was that?" Greg demand clearly confused and disappointed in me. 

Unable to speak I look at him pleading for forgiveness.

Greg just shakes his head and lead Kalia out of the park.

"Mia? Why didn't you say anything?" Sky asks me after they leave, snapping me out of my shocked trance.

"I... I couldn't." I stutter, "what did I do?"

"She deserved it." Sky states.

"No, Greg... he hates me." I whisper.

"He'll understand Mia." She reassures me giving me a squeeze.

"He... I'm so stupid!" I yell dropping to the ground on the soft grass.

"What a bitch," Sky says sitting down next to me.

"I'm sorry Sky," I say burying my head into my arms.

"For what?"

"For being friends with that snake! You shouldn't have been involved."

"Are you kidding me? You're my best friend Mia! I would travel across the world to defend you! Which... is technically what I just did." She says chuckling.

I laugh half heartedly.

A few minutes of silence pass before I decide that it was enough.

"Let's go," I say to Sky pulling myself up off the ground.

We walk back to my house and I lock myself in the bathroom to cry.

I cry out all the pain I had caused. I deserve this. I'm the one who slapped her.

A million thoughts rush to my head at once.

Kalia deserved it though. But Greg hates me now. Kalia's probably going to wrap Greg around her finger. They'll probably tell Dan. And Dan will probably believe it because Greg would be telling him! Did I just lose my friend and my boyfriend? Did I just let my enemy win by slapping her?

I hate myself!!

What have I done...

I sink to the ground angry at myself. I draw up my knees, folding myself up. Putting my head on my knees, I just let the tears fall unrestrained.

My thoughts cloud up and the pain claws at my heart. I tremble as the tears continue to flow- for what seems like forever- until I realise that Sky's been banging continuously on the door.

I numbly count the tiles on the bathroom floor and continue to ignore her pleas.

Her banging suddenly stops and doesn't return until about 15 minutes later.

"Mia?" She asks worriedly, "please say something so that I know you're okay."

I continue to ignore her. I don't want to live on the earth anymore. I hate myself. The tears continue to flow.

"Mia?" Another voice calls.

I sit up suddenly, my head pained at the sudden movement. I could recognise that voice anywhere.

"Mia!" He yells in pain with more force.

I imagine his worried expression and my heart tears in half. Does that mean he doesn't know about Kalia?

"I'm here," I call out weakly.

"Open the door," he calls back.

"Mia please," This time it was Sky's voice.

I gather all my strength and reach up to unlock the door.

The door bursts open and Dan's eyes immediately meets mine.

I take in the sight of his slightly tousled brown hair and his gorgeous smile.

He drops to the floor and engulfs me in a big hug.

"What are you doing to yourself?" He whispers.

'I can't lose you,' I wanted to say but feeling too tired to speak.

All of a sudden, I pass out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for what probably seems like a crappy cliffhanger but it leads to something! Haha So hang in there! Would just like to thank you guys so so so much again! The number of reads, the number of votes, it's incredible and we never thought we'd get so many people interested in our fanfic! So thankyou thankyou thankyou! Please keep doing what you're doing with the comments and the promoting because we are so thankful for it <3 x