Chapter 17

Where are you? x

I read my text message from Dan as we wait in a crowded audience for the boys to perform. By now, the looks, finger pointing and whispering of the surrounding fans is starting to get a bit much for me to handle. But I promised Dan I would be here supporting him, so I more or less make myself stay.

You’ll be sure to see us ;) Now hurry up, your fans are waiting! Love you! Good Luck! :)

 I text back.

This intended meet up with Kalia isn’t exactly going as plan either. I still haven’t managed to rack up the nerves to tell her about me and Dan, and I can sense the anxiousness coming of Sky. I decide to tell Kalia after the gig, so at least I can enjoy the boys’ performance without her pestering me and whatnot.

The lights dim in the building, cutting off my thoughts.

The boys run onto stage, silhouetted by the stage lights.

The lights flash on and the boysstartsinging. The crowd erupts into screams, and well, Sky and I join in.

It’s surreal tothinkthat my boyfriend is up on that stage, singing to hundreds of fans, living his dream. I grin from ear to ear at the thought, extremely proud.

I see Dan’s eyes scanning the crowd as he sings, probably trying tolookfor me. I shake my head giggling to myself; we’re literally right in front of him.

Sky manages to get Micky’s attention, and soon enough Dan catches on. His brown eyes, glistening from the stage lights, meet mine finally. I poke my tongue out playfully at him; just as I did doing soundcheck, making him smile widely into his microphone. I spy at Kalia from the corner of my eye to see whether she caught any of that, but she’s too busy fangirling.

The next hour flies by ridiculously fast, with the boys singing all their amazing covers, cracking jokes and interacting with their fans in the audience between each song. They really know how to captivate a crowd!

“So I really want to thank every single one of you out there for coming today! We have one last song for you, an original song-” Greg says, instantaneously setting off a roar of applause.

But now, the continuous dirty looks from the surrounding fans are starting to get to me. I nudge Sky in the arm, mouthing her a ‘I’ll meet you backstage’, before starting to turn around to leave, weaving in and out of everyone.

“Written by our very own Dan here,” Greg continues to say into the microphone as the audience quiets down.

I stop in my tracks, turning around again to see Dan sat on a stool in the middle with a guitar, with Micky and Greg sat either side of him. Dan’s eyes find its way to meet mine finally, automatically making me feel more secure. He smiles, giving me a quick wink before speaking into his microphone.

“I wrote this song about a girl that means the world to me, and tonight, I want to dedicate this song to this very person- my pretty girl, Mia,” Dan says, eyes locked into mine.

I feel my heart somersault, and my cheeks flushing a deep red. The audience fills with ‘awww’ but I’m just focused on Dan, trying toregisterwhat just happened.

“Aren’t they just the cutest couple?” Micky sighs.

I feel my cheeks flush a deep red as I sense everyone’s attention fixed on me now.

“Aww, she’s blushing now! Isn’t she just adorable when she’s blushing?” Dan says.

I bite my lip, trying not to laugh, as I bury my head into Sky’s shoulder. I feel Kalia’s hand patting me on the back…What is that supposed to mean?! I wonder to myself.

I lift my head from Sky’s shoulder to look at Kalia. To my surprise and confusion, I see her beaming a smile at me…

“You two are extremely cute!” She yells above all the noise.

I return a brief smile, as I try to figure out whether it was a sarcastic and jealous comment- but I quickly block this thought out,

Dan starts to strum a few chords on his guitar, I quickly recognize the song. It’s the same song he sang to me on the day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

I catch myself grinning from ear to ear now, switching my thoughts back and forth from that day, and now.

Did my boyfriend really just dedicate a song to me in front of a few hundred fans?

I stand there dazed with a smile so wide across my face, without any care in the world, as the boys finish off the song.

The crowd goes absolutely wild with applause and screams. The boys say their last ‘thank you’ to the crowd, before running backstage.

I suddenly snap my thoughts back to reality. So I guess I didn’t need to tell Kalia after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Want the chapter's longer and faster? Chuck us a message on what you think should happen next!(: x