Chapter 3

"I'm not sure I want to be around any more nobles, especially not after the day I've had. You're lucky I even let you in." Arthur has been begging me to join them at George's place for friends night but honestly, I don't want to. My mom killed my vibes and took its corpse with her.

"What happened today that has you so grumpy?"

"Nothing good. Look, I've already told George that I'll make it up to him if I can't make it and I will. Your friends are waiting for you next door, it's rude to keep them waiting."

"Fine. Don't come. I'll just bring them here. Then I'll see how you'll escape it." He got up, ready to leave after issuing a promise that I knew he could carry through.

"Wait." He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn. "I'll go get changed and then we'll leave."

"Was that so hard?" He said laughing. I ignored him and went to my room to get ready. I honestly didn't feel the need to stress myself for this one so I just threw on some mildly crazy jeans and a white cotton sweater. I folded the sleeves of the sweater, released my hair from the bun and off I went.

"Wow! You look good."

"Thank you. Shall we?" He opened the door and led me out.

"Now, some of them may not be so...welcoming but please, just try to have fun. You've been in your apartment since you got here, so please let lose."

"Fine." He smiled as he knocked on George's door. And then it clicked. "I didn't bring anything."

"What?" Arthur turned to look at me with confusion.

"Courtesy demands that you never go empty handed for an event." He laughed. Why was he laughing?

"I didn't bring anything."

"And he never does." We turned to see that someone had already opened the door. It was a young lady. She had mid-length blonde hair, brown eyes, she was fit and very beautiful. She was wearing a white gown with flower prints and she was just looking really good. "But it's sweet of you to have even considered bringing something. I'm Louise by the way."

"I'm Victoria."

"And I'm cold out here so if you could step aside." Arthur said with a fake smile. Louise returned it and moved aside for us to come in. Arthur took me to the living room and started the introductions. "Victoria, meet my friends; Simon." He pointed at this guy who seemed preoccupied with a phone call.

"Hi Vicky." He said briefly before turning all his attention back to his call.

"Hi."

"This right here is Timothy, he's my cousin."

"Hi Timothy."

"Pleasure. She's a beautiful one." He said with a smile.

"Camille meet Victoria."

"Good to see you again Vicky."

"Same here."

"You guys know each other?" Arthur asked confused.

"Yeah. I told Victoria where she could find George on the noise complaint day."

"Ahhh." Arthur said in realisation.

"Wait." Timothy said suddenly. "She came to make a noise complaint?" I was suddenly feeling more awkward.

"Yeah. She doesn't seem like one for the noise scene." Louise said sweetly.

"And she moved in next to George? Ha! My advice, find a new place." Simon said laughing.

"Hey! I'm not that bad." George said out of nowhere. He literally appeared here. "And besides, Tori and I have made our peace."