Chapter 34

The next morning, we started out with an early day. Our itinerary for the day was a crazy one. We had quite the itinerary for the day. We were starting out with a visit to the National September 11 Memorial. We were going to pay tribute to the lives lost during the 9/11. We would also take a tour around the 9/11 Meusem. We would then go to The Door, where we would watch performances and also have an arts class. Then, we would leave for an official tour of Grant Atlantic, a last minute addition to our schedule, for a meeting on how they are trying to incorporate Green Energy into their company. This would be a first meeting with the great Olivia Grant-Toliver, before joining them for dinner at Grant Towers.

There was just a small problem; I woke up on my period. I was grumpy, I was in pain, I was too emotional. I had taken the painkillers, and that took away the pain, but not every single thing that was wrong today.

"You know that you can miss out on today right? I got this." Arthur said for the millionth time.

"Again, I'm fine. I can hold myself together."

"Babe..." He always does this! He treats me like this fragile egg that's always on the verge of breaking, and I hate that!

"Arthur, don't. I'm already very temperamental today, don't make me get angry for no good reason." He held his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. I guess I shouldn't bother telling you how good you look today either. You might throw a bottle at my head." He said all this, and simply walked out of the room. I knew I always looked good. It was a fact. But I still wanted him to say it. Him saying it was like a verification that I needed.

I stood in front of the mirror and ran my hands over my gown.

"You look beautiful." I said to myself as I looked at my reflection.

During the ride to the memorial ground, Arthur stayed quiet

During the ride to the memorial ground, Arthur stayed quiet. And I felt bad. He was just looking out for me, and I lashed out at him.

"Babe, Arthur, I'm sorry." He was looking out the window, and he didn't turn. He just stayed that way.

"It's fine."

"Babe, it's not. You're clearly still upset." He then turned. He took my left hand in his, and placed a finger on my ring finger. There were three rings there. My engagement ring, my wedding band, and the eternity ring Arthur gave to me during our honeymoon. I was always wearing all three, but the other two were hard to notice because they were more like diamond covered bands.

"You see these rings, they signify more than just the wedding. They represent a bond, and a promise. The promise I made to always put you first, no matter what. So if I get a bit too protective every now and then, it's because I always want you to hold me to that promise. I'll always put you first Toria, even when you don't want to let me." He turned back, and I stayed quiet. He had said a lot. And that gave me a ton to think about.