Chapter 21

Arthur and I wanted to just be alone and actually have fun, so we made the odd choice of going to an amusement park. I loved roller coasters, and we just wanted the space to have genuine fun. It removed the alone part of the plan, but it was fun. We went up to change, and when we were done, we looked very basic.

People were shocked to see us make an unscheduled appearance at the park

People were shocked to see us make an unscheduled appearance at the park. We were just trying to have our fun. We got on rollercoasters, took pictures with fans, bought snacks, and the best part, there was so little press. Granted, they all rushed over there as soon as they heard where we were, but it was still fun. The rest of the trip was quite basic.

All in all, I would rate the Denmark trip a 7 out of 10. The next day, we flew back to London. As soon as we landed, we went to see Arthur's dad. He really just wanted to see me, alone. 

"How was your trip?" He asked as I settled into my seat. Arthur had gone to see his mom in her office, so his dad and I could talk.

"Better than the last. It was quite fun."

"I'm glad to hear that. You know, we were worried about the trip, but it went really well. I have a question though."

"OK?"

"Why the park?" He asked laughing. "I saw those pictures and you guys looked terrified on those rides."

"We were." I said laughing. "I think we just wanted to step out and be natural."

"I can get that. You know, it doesn't get easier. As you go higher, it just gets more boring. The rules become quite crippling."

"You let them. What do you have to lose by having fun?"

"I envy your optimism, Victoria. But I would be an awful man to lie to you that you have a choice. It's your duty."

"Can I take you somewhere?" He seemed shocked. He regained his composure shortly.

"Is it a park?"

"No. But you'll love it, I promise."

"Ok, let me just organise security and..."

"We won't be needing all that. We'll take one car, another one for security, and four guards."

"Three security cars, and six guards."

"One security car, and three guards. It'll only keep on dropping." He gave a defeated sigh and nodded.

"Fine. But, if I end up at a park, the wedding's off." I laughed lightly as we walked out of his office. The ride was quiet. We majorly talked about how I would settle into my new role in the family. We arrived at a private hangar. My father loved to fly. He always said he would give anything to be a pilot. But because my grandmother thought it was too risky, he decided to set up a virtual flying experience in London. It was private, and only a handful of people knew about it.