Chapter 14

"At the end of the day, the mental health of the victim deteriorates badly due to the trauma experienced. This is why we need to come together, all of us, from all around the world, to tackle this vice called bullying."

"Would you say that you're putting more focus on mental health and trauma because of the recent trauma you recently experienced by the death of your sister?" I swallowed hard. My palm became sweaty. Noticing all these, Arthur wanted to step in but I stopped him.

"Yes. I actually would. You see, I could sit here and try to understand what runs through the minds of victims of various traumatic experiences, but until I experience it for myself, I will never truly grasp their pain. My sister's death was a very unfortunate one but I learnt so much from it. I can now say that I have an idea about how people deal with heart wrenching pain. I made some terrible mistakes dealing with my pain.." I stopped and gave Arthur a brief stare. It was apologetic. I really was sorry. "But now, I'm turning all that pain into passion and desire. The desire needed for someone to never feel the way I felt."

"Now, I know that this interview is mainly set to shed more light on the foundation but please, with both of your permissions, I'd like to ask the Princess on more personal question." Arthur looked at me, searching for my answer and when I gave an affirmation, he followed. 

"OK."

"Thank you Your Highness. So, my question is something I think we all want to know. Princess Victoria, are you okay?" Those words rang through my ears. I didn't expect that. I definitely didn't expect the tears that followed that question. All my life, nobody ever cared enough to ask me that. It was always for the Monarchy. For the Queen and country. Arthur placed a warm palm on mine and I smiled warmly as I came back to reality.

"No, I'm not." The interviewer smiled with warmth and worry. He definitely didn't expect that answer. But apparently, neither did Arthur. They were both looking at me with worry. "But I now have all the support needed to be. I'll be fine, really soon."

"And I hope that you get the help you need. I think it's safe to say that you don't only have the people of Denmark behind you. The amazing people of England are also here for you."

"Thank you."

He smiled and after a few more questions, the segment ended. Arthur didn't say anything until we got into the car.

"You okay?"

"Not yet baby, but soon." He held my hand and pulled me to his chest.

"I want us to go public with the engagement."

"But you said..."

"I know what I said Toria. But it takes a lot of courage for a royal to openly admit that everything is not what it seems, and you did that today, on live television. Only the woman I fell in love with would do that and that woman is seated right here with me. I don't want to risk losing her again. So what do you say?"

"I would marry you right now if I could." The rest of the drive was silent. We got back to my place, Arthur called his parents so they could start making arrangements for the engagement announcement and then we went to bed. I just knew that from the moment we went public with the engagement, a lot would change. And maybe I wasn't ready for that.

By 3am, I woke up. This was a routine now. Arthur was soundly asleep next to me and I didn't want to disturb him. In all truth, I was scared of making my problems his. I crawled out of bed and went to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. I sat down there and got lost in thought...until it was 6am!

"How long have you been seated there?" I turned to find Arthur watching me from the hallway.

"Not long. Morning babe."