Chapter 15

After the interview, we stepped out to get changed for our engagement shoot. We wanted something classy. We chose one of Arthur's best photographers for the job. We were taken the pictures at the Buckingham Palace gardens.

After the pictures in this outfit, we changed into something more casual

It was majorly a day of interviews and engagement photoshoots. At the end of it all, we were drained. I just wanted to go home.

"Stay at the Palace tonight." Arthur said as he wrapped his arms around my waist to stop me from leaving.

"I can't. I have to go, you know that."

"Then let me come home with you."

"You need to stay here. You have that meeting with your dad." He shook his head in protest.

"I don't want you to go."

"It's just for a few hours. I'll be back in the morning." He was particularly clingy tonight.

"You know that they want to rush the wedding. It's in five months Victoria, I want to spend all the time with you before the media takes you away from me." I placed my hand on his cheek.

"You'll always have me. Always. I love you. You know that right?" He nodded slowly as he leaned into my palm.

"I know, and I love you too. Just always remember that." I felt uneasy leaving him, but I couldn't stay.

When I got home, I saw a note from George, asking me to come see him when I got back, so I just went straight to his place. It was a mess, and he was right in the middle, trying to clean up.

"What the hell happened in here?" I asked as I dropped my bag on the table.

 "Well, it started with just me and the girls, but the girls invited some friends, who came with their friends and..."

"I get it. And, I got your note, what's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would let the group throw you and Arthur an engagement party."