Chapter 9

So, today is the day Arthur, the gang and I fly to Denmark for the ball. But apparently, Arthur has to deal with something so he'll fly down when he's done. I can't believe how sad I feel.

"Babe, are you sure that I can't wait for you?" I asked for the millionth time as we packed my luggage.

"No. It's Navy business. And besides, it's your family ball, showing up late wouldn't be nice."

"I know." I threw some shoes into the box and turned to him. I placed my hand on his shirtless glory chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. "But the flight is an hour and 50 minutes long, what am I supposed to do with myself?"

"Do anything, have a chat with the girls or even sleep. I'll get there by nightfall, trust me."

"I do. It'll just be boring without you there."

"I know. But, think of it this way, when I get there, I'll compensate for not getting there earlier."

"Well, when you put it that way..." I've slept around with boyfriends and all but with Arthur, it's different. There's this... passion when we have sex that I never felt until he came into the picture. There's this need that I feel from him and that just turns me on more. A lady likes to be wanted and Arthur definitely makes me feel wanted.

"While I would normally jump at any offer to get into bed with you, you need pack so you don't keep your pilot waiting. And George said you aren't taking the same jet with them, why?"

"You know how much I value my space. I can't go a day without receiving one of the guys. We can't do anything in here without George hearing it next door. I just needed my time, no matter how short. Besides, you know that you're the only person I like to have in my space."

"I know. Look, thanks for understanding the whole work thing and I promise, I'll make it up to you."

"You've said that already. Plus, we both need the break. So just do what you have to do and come meet me. You can't miss this ball."

"I won't, I promise. God I don't want you to leave." He acts like a child. First he's calm and now he's...attached to me. It's not like we won't still see each other today. I'll just get there before him. Besides, after dinner with his parents last night, we decided that we would tell my family together before the ball, that's why he can't afford to miss it. And due to our PDA yesterday, the entire world knows about us.

"Stop. I know where this is going and no, I'm not going to sleep with you again before I leave. You need to get dressed and stop walking around half naked. Go and get your work done and come to Denmark. I have to leave now and so do you. Here's a key to the apartment in case you forget something and need to come back. I love you." I gave him a kiss, grabbed by coat and he carried my luggage. We went outside the building that was now Press Central and got into the car. He was escorting me to the hanger but due to an impromptu issue, he had to take another car and I went alone. In truth, I slept through the entire flight. I only woke up when we landed. I was in a black jean with a white top and a long black sweater that reached my knees. My black heeled boots clicked on the floor as I walked to the car. The press was waiting excitedly to see Arthur and I but sadly, it was just me. I called him as soon as the driver started the drive to the Palace.

"So how was your flight?"

"Hectic. I just landed though. How's work?"

"Awful. It keeps on getting worse babe, seriously I don't think I can make it anymore." I stayed quiet after he said that. He has to make it. This entire weekend was supposed to be based off on how well things go when WE tell my family about the engagement. "Babe? Please say something."