Chapter 20

"Why the fuck are you upset?! You left!!! You packed your bags and left!" I jumped out of bed and walked up to where he was now standing.

"That's your excuse?!"

"You said we were over!"

"And you said you would wait! Why didn't you wait?!" He turned to me with a shocked look on his face.

"You were gone for over four months!! Maybe you don't have the pressure constantly wafting over your head, but I sure do!"

"Again, that's your excuse?!"

"No! It isn't! Because I don't need one! You left me, you left us! You didn't even give me the chance to actually say goodbye. You just packed your things, left, and didn't call or text for months! What was I supposed to do?!"

"Wait!"

"Did you?!" I walked to the wall and leaned against it.

"What?" I asked lowly. I felt like someone had just punched the wind out of me.

"Did you sleep with someone while you were on your trip?" I slid down the wall until I was seated on the floor. "Did you?!"

"Yes! But he meant nothing to me!"

"Neither did Jasmine!" Wait... Did he just say Jasmine?

"Jasmine? The ex you slept with was Jasmine?!"

"Victoria..."

"You said it was nothing. You told me that you hadn't seen or spoken to her in years! You lied to me." I should've known that things wouldn't work out. "I want you gone."

"I'm not leaving. You may be comfortable running away, but I'm not. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not giving up on us again."

I wipped the tears that had fallen. This really hurt. "I was ready to let it go. All of it. But Jasmine?"

"I'm so sorry."

"I had a brief hookup with some random guy, but you...you had actually dated her. You slept with someone you once had an emotional connection with. And when I asked you about her, you looked me dead in the eye, and you lied to me about it."

"I didn't want to lie to you anymore."

"I just want you to leave!" I brought my knees to my chest and just cried.

"Baby..." He came to me and knelt down in front of me.

"Leave! Just leave!! Why won't you just go?!!!" He came closer and hugged me tightly. I didn't want to fight anymore. I just wanted peace and quiet.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." That was all he said. It was all he could say. Did it take my pain away? No. But did it calm me down? Yes, it did.

The next morning, we woke up and got ready for the 1k run. When we got to the venue, we walked side by side, while holding hands. But in all honesty, we had said nothing to each other all day long.

"Your Highnesses, are you going to be participating in the run today?" A press member asked. We turned to him with a smile.

"Well, I have been participating in this run every year for over five years, and this year will be no different. I'm just happy to share this experience with Arthur."

"Prince Arthur, are you excited about participating in your first 1k run?"

"I definitely am. It's all for a good cause, and I'm always up for that. I just hope I can keep up with all the runners. It's been a while since I participated in a run." He said laughing. We all laughed for a minute before turning back to the Press.