Chapter 27

"There isn't enough time on this show to break down the relationship between the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. It's like they have their own love language. We see it in the way he always checks around for her when they're together. We see it in the way she always makes sure that he's right beside her. People say it's the honeymoon phase, but it's more than that. I look at them and I see people who are genuinely in love with each other. And because they work so well together, their dynamic is quite eye-catching. And then we see that of Prince Vincent and Ms. Rachel Raglan. It almost seems forced. It's like they have little to no connection."

"And what would you say is the relationship of the Royal Family and Ms. Raglan?"

"Well, close Palace sources say it's not so good. I believe that with the dating history of Prince Vincent, the family wants him to tread carefully with this one. And I think there's the pressure on Ms. Raglan to be perfect, because let's be honest, Princess Victoria is basically flawless. And we can also see how strained the news of engagement is. Normally, the Royal Family makes an official announcement of the engagement. But this time, we found out through the Instagram page of Ms. Raglan."

"I guess there's still so much to unravel. We'll hear more from our Royal expert when we get back." I turned off the TV and picked up my phone. The news was everywhere. They had actually gone ahead with the engagement announcement. The whole news had the family on edge.

"That's it. Gran banned me from physically being at the meeting today." He settled next to me on the couch. I rubbed his arm lightly.

"It seems fair. You did throw him across a room merely a week ago. Plus, he still has a broken nose. They still can't even take engagement photos." I laughed a bit at that last part.

"So what, I'm a security risk to him now?"

"I didn't say that." I dropped my laptop and moved closer to him. "Look at it this way, you get to spend time with your wife. So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair. "I just want to get away from all this."

"I know just the place." I dragged him to the room and we got changed. We were out, but with just two security guards. And he was the one driving. They were seated at the back. We looked so basic as we walked into the lobby of my old place. I hadn't been here since the night before the wedding. But, George always had it cleaned for me. And he supervised it! We hadn't actually seen any of our friends since the wedding. As Arthur settled in and ordered some food, I decided to surprise George. As I was about to knock on the door, the door opened.

"Tori!" He carried me and spun me around. He was so happy. And he looked good. Really good.

"George! How did you..."

"Thin walls. I actually thought someone had broken into your place."

"Ahhh. So, you want to come over?"

"Absolutely." He locked up his place and came over to mine. Arthur was actually happy to see him.

"George! Looking good." Arthur said as he gave George a firm hug.

"Says the groom. You both look amazing. I was starting to think that you had forgotten all about your poor old friend."

"Never. Victoria and I have just been settling in."

"I assumed." We all sat down and just talked. Our conversation then landed on Vincent.

"George, he crossed a line."

"And I get that Arthur. And we all know how you get when it comes to Victoria. But this isn't any random guy, it's your brother."

"That's exactly what I said." I added as I sipped my wine.