Chapter 10

"That wasn't very nice of you." Arthur hasn't said a word to me since our conversation with my parents. He only replied to others all through dinner but it was like I was invincible. We were currently back in our room and guess what...he speaks!

"You don't know my mother like I do. And I hope you never get to see her the way I do."

"Maybe I don't see what you see, but I see a mother who loves her daughters more than anything or anyone else in the world. And maybe she didn't do it your way but I'll bet you that she did what she thought was right for you and your sister." I sat down on the bed next to him and held his hand.

"I'm sorry, I'll apologise to her tomorrow morning. Am I forgiven?" He couldn't hide his smile while he nodded.

"It's a shame I didn't get to meet your sister today. I thought you said that she would be here." He got up and removed his shirt as he walked into the bathroom to start the shower.

"Yeah, she's supposed to be here. Maybe she ran late?"

"Maybe you should call her." I picked up my phone and turned it on. I tried calling her, three times but she wasn't answering.

"She isn't answering. I'll go ask mom, she'll probably know what's going on."

"Aren't you going to change first?"

"Nah, I'll just find out what's going on and then I'll come take a bath."

"Ok." I took my phone and as soon as I left the room, I bumped into one of the maids.

"Your highness, I was just on my way to see you."

"Is something wrong?"

"Not at all. Your sister got here a few hours to the dinner but she said she wasn't feeling well. She wanted to see you but..."

"But what?"

"She suddenly changed her mind. It seemed odd so I thought I should let you know."

"Did she say anything else?" She was hesitant at first.

"She mumbled something about you not wanting anything to do with her. That was it."

"Ok. What room is she in?" She pointed to a room merely two doors away from my room. "Thank you." I walked over there and knocked but there was no reply. I knocked over and over again but still no answer, so I slightly opened the door. The room was dimly lit but I could see her slim figure under the sheets. I turned to leave but I couldn't. I owed her an apology and I was going to give her that.

"Fre...Freja." I tapped her lightly but there was no reply. She wasn't a deep sleeper, except when she drank but I didn't perceive any alcohol. I turned on the room lights and went back to her. "Freja wake up, seriously if this is a joke, it's not funny." But she still wasn't moving. And then the blankets gave way and that was when I saw it. Blood. Lots of blood. "Somebody help me!! Help!!" I yelled and yelled but there was no one. My hands, my gown, everything on me was covered in her blood. I tried to get her out of bed but she was so limp. Suddenly, the door was opened and security walked in. He stared at the sight and I could see how his mood changed but he regained his composure. By protocol, he quickly got me out of there and called for backup. I was just standing there, in the hallway as I watched people flood in and out of her room. Doctors were called in but there was no point, I knew she didn't make it. I stood there in tears until a maid came and took me back to the room.

"Oh my God! Are you ok? Why are you covered in blood?! Are you hurt?" Arthur asked as he opened the door.

"Freja...blood...lots of blood." Those were the only words I could muster up. He took me into the room and sat me down.