Chapter 32

Today's engagements seem more hectic. I have a visit to Harvard University to visit the Center on the Developing Child, Arthur has a meeting with the President and also a visit to the JFK library. Then we'll meet up again for a visit to the Boston Harbour. Today was a particularly cold day.

"Babe, don't forget your gloves and coat!" I reminded Arthur again. It was freezing today!

"I know." He walked into the closet where I was getting dressed, and analysed my outfit. "New dress?"

"Yeah. Part of the new wardrobe."

"Looks good on you." I smiled and turned to him.

" I smiled and turned to him

"Thank you. Plus..." I pointed to my ears, and he saw it.

"They look good. Everything looks good on you." He gifted me the earrings after our first actual date. I almost never wore them, but I felt like it today. And they apparently cost a fortune.

"Thank you. Now, help me grab my coat." He got my coat from the hanger, and when I turned so he could help me put it on, he buried his face in my neck. "Arthur..." I said laughing.

"Do you always have to look so good?" He asked laughing.

"Well, I have a husband who loves all my looks. I can't afford to disappoint." He smiled and pulled away. He helped me into the coat and the turned so I was now facing him.

"You could never disappoint. Ever."

We walked out of the house together, and then, he walked me to my car.

"Hey, have fun." He said as he opened the door for me.

"You too." He kissed me, and when I had settled in, he closed the door. And then he turned to the driver.

"Hey, be careful with her. She's precious." I smiled, and he walked back to his own car. I hate separate engagements. I really do.

When I got to Harvard, it felt like I was back home. This was where I spent four years of my undergraduate years. Yes, I am a Harvard alumni.

I got out of the car, all smiles, and waving. I walked right to the woman who was standing at the entrance.

"Your Highness, pleasure to have you here. I'm Jamie Cairns, Senior Director for Strategic Engagements and Organizational Learning at the Center on the Developing Child. "

"Pleasures all mine. Shall we proceed?"

"Of course." She walked me into the building. "As I'm sure you know, the center has been a long friend of the Royal Foundation and more recently The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood, supporting with past research on the importance of the early years.”

"Yes. And we do appreciate all the work, resources and time that has been put over the years. The early years is a cause that is particularly dear to all our hearts." She walked me into a room. It was a group discussion. I sat down, and there was a notepad before me. As we dove right into our discussion, I took down some notes.