Chapter 19

"Is my tiara here yet?" I asked Arthur as my stylist put the finishing touches on my outfit for the gala.

"Just got here. It's quite pretty."

"I would hope so. With my look for tonight, I need the Crown to fit right in."

"I'm sure it'll work well." As soon as the stylist finished up, she brought the Crown and put it on me. It fit perfectly. I could now finally let Arthur see me.

"Babe..." He said as I stepped out of the dressing room.

"Now I know I look amazing."

"You really do. You absolutely do."

"Thank you babe

"Thank you babe. And you look absolutely dashing." He leaned down and kissed me. If I wasn't focused on my makeup, I would've actually encouraged him to go further. "Mmm."

"Being a few minutes late wouldn't hurt anyone."

"Yes, it would. Let's just go, and get it over with." The ride to Christiansborg Palace was very short. But as soon as we dropped from the car, the press ate us up. Arthur had his hand on my lower back, as we walked on the red carpet. We posed for a few pictures. A wave here and there, but generally, it was busy. We walked in, took a picture with my grandparents, and my uncle and his wife. We stood with them as we welcomed different dignitaries.

The evening passed rather quickly. The real event happened after the gala. We had just gotten back to Amalienborg Palace, when the whole family got called for a meeting. We didn't even get a chance to change.

"I called this meeting to discuss the future of this family, a family that will now include a member of the British Royal family." My grandmother turned to Arthur with a smile. "Arthur, I can't tell you how happy you've made Victoria. From what you've seen, I'm sure you know that we aren't perfect. But in that imperfection, I've always wanted my children and my grandchildren to find their happiness. Of all of my grandchildren, Victoria has had the hardest time finding her happiness within and away from the family. But now, she seems to have found it. And we all have you to thank for that."

Arthur gave a smile, and she gave a nod. She then turned to me. "Victoria, I know that I have been so hard on you. But it's all because I see so much potential in you. You have a beautiful soul. Your sister had the same bright light in her, but due to some mistakes made by the family, she lost that light. We won't make the same mistake with you. I just want you to be happy. Due to this, you will retain your place in the line of succession, alongside your title as the Countess of Monzepat."

"Thank you." I said lowly. In all truth, I really didn't care.

"By morning, we'll release the official statement. We all are truly happy for you, both of you." Arthur held my hand in his strongly. "That being said, Victoria, tomorrow is the 1k run. We'd all love it if you and Arthur would join. I know how much you love running every year."