Chapter 12

My look for the ball was...stunning! It was just so simple, yet beautiful and elegant.

I was trying to help Arthur knot his tie but he couldn't keep his hands off me

I was trying to help Arthur knot his tie but he couldn't keep his hands off me...literally.

"Arthur stop. We're going to be late if you continue with this."

"I'm not particularly sure that I care. You are my fiancee and I am allowed to want you."

"I'm not disputing that but you are the person who insisted on this ball."

"Well, now I want us to stay here so I can show you why you should never wear such clothes around me. You know that when I want you, it's all I can think about." He leaned down and started placing kisses on my neck and as he was doing that, his hands started moving to my zip. I love this man so much but not right now.

"Arthur..."

"Mhmmm." He didn't stop. Instead, he kept on pulling the zipper down.

"Baby, let's go."

"I don't want to anymore. I just want to be in bed with you, naked, sweaty and screaming my name. Is that too much to ask?"

"No." I noticed how his mood changed from happy to sad and I felt bad. "Tell you what, let's make an appearance at the ball and then we can leave early."

"Babe....."

"I'm serious. Look, an hour at best and we'll leave. And when we get back, we can revisit this. I promise."

"Fine. But we'll have fun in the car before we get there." I smiled and grabbed my purse as we headed out. I made him more grumpy when I said no to "fun in the car". My makeup would've been ruined! We got there, said hi to the press and the gang and then we ran into the last person I expected to see.

"Bradley! What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise when I ran into someone and it turned out to be him. The three of us immediately stepped out of the hall and into an empty room next door. There was going to be a scene and we all knew it.

"Wow! It's good to see you both too! Although I'm surprised to see you with him Victoria. After our talk I would've expected to see you with someone else."

"Babe, I'm going to let you take care of this because I know that you can. Besides, it's the only way I don't end up punching this one in the face."

"I totally understand baby." He gave Bradley a look filled with hatred before turning back to me. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me into a kiss. It was long and passionate and I had to put my hand around his neck to keep my balance. We knew Bradley was watching and we loved it. After taking my breath away, literally, Arthur stepped back. He looked between Bradley and myself and then he left us there.

"That was...interesting. You know, the last time I saw such PDA from Arthur was when he was with...."

"Jasmine. You've mentioned her a million times already. Now, why are you here?"