Chapter 30

It's tour day!!! We were a few minutes away from landing in Boston for our North America tour, and I was finishing up my look. Arthur walked back into the room, and when he spotted me, the biggest smile appeared on his face. 

"Babe, you look splendid

"Babe, you look splendid."

"I'm not so fond of this particular look, but thank you." He leaned down and kissed me warmly. His hands snaked around my waist tightly. "Arthur, we're landing in less than two minutes."

"I know. But I need more time with you. The next two weeks will be filled with nothing but meetings and the Press."

"I know. But, we will be alone at night. We'll resume this then." As we touched down, Arthur took my hand in his, and we stepped out of the plane. We stood at the top for a minute.

"Ready honey?" Arthur asked as he squeezed my hand lightly. My ring literally dug deep into my finger.

"As ready as I'll ever be." We smiled at each other and started walking down the steps. I waved to the Press while smiling. We were met by the Mayor of Boston.

"Your Highnesses, it's a pleasure to have you here in the States." I shook her hand warmly.

"The pleasure is all ours." Arthur said.

"I have to say, the weather is quite something." I said laughing lightly. The mayor joined me and laughed

"Well, it gets worse." She added. We walked to the car and left.

We got to our private residence and settled in. We had a basketball game to attend in a few hours, so we really just wanted to rest.

"Babe, do you think that the blue sweater works better, or the red?" I lifted my two options for him to view. He was seated in bed, just staring at his phone. 

"Yeah...the green gown totally goes with your hat." What?! 

"Arthur!" He snapped out of his trans, and raised his head up. "What is with you? You've been on your phone since we got here."

"I'm sorry. But I've been talking with my father."

"Is something wrong?" I dropped my clothes on the bed and sat down next to him.

"Vincent got into it with my grandparents again." I sighed lowly. I was so tired.

"What happened this time?"

"Rachel apparently told him that she overheard a conversation between my father and my grandparents. And in the conversation, they made reference to her race."

"No...that can't possibly be true."

"It isn't!" He got up and threw his phone on the bed. "She's lying!"

"Did they tell Vincent that?"

"They tried! But he threw a tantrum and flew to Canada with her. Honestly, I think they should just let them get married. I'm tired of all the drama." I got up and walked to him. I didn't say anything. I just hugged him. I could see what this was doing to him. To all of them. "They're making the official engagement announcement today. The Palace will release an official statement in a few minutes."