Chapter 37

"A concert? She wants to take you to an Adele concert?" Arthur asked as he threw me a pillow from his side of the bed. I caught it and walked to near by chair.

"Not just an Adele concert. If this one goes well, she's also willing to go for Taylor Swift and Beyonce concerts." I dropped the pillow on the chair and turned to an amused Arthur.

"Do you want to go? You know that it's in Las Vegas right?"

"I know and I think it'll be an olive branch for us. I'm tired of all the drama Arthur."

"I just think that it isn't necessary. You're not the person she's getting married to. Plus, I don't trust her with my brother, so I certainly don't trust her with my wife." I sighed and sat on the bed. He noticed my mood and walked to my side of the bed. "You know that everything I do is for your safety in this world."

"I know babe."

"Do you really believe that any good can come from this trip with her?"

"I do. And even if we don't end up being the best of friends, the Press will see it and ease up on the rumours of her not being accepted."

"Ok. I'll talk to my father about it tomorrow morning, even though it shouldn't be a problem."

"Thank you." He sat down next to me and hugged me.

"I hope this olive branch doesn't have thorns."

The next day started out like all my other days. I went for a morning run with Arthur, got back and got ready for a calm day. Arthur was making an appearance alone today, and I was meeting Camille, George and Louise for lunch.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" I asked as I wore my shoes.

"A couple of hours. But don't think too much about me being gone. Just have fun with the group."

"I'm sad that you won't be able to join us. We haven't been out with them in months."

"I know. And I would if I could. Just have enough fun for the me too." He wore his suit jacket and walked to where I was seated. "I will actually miss you today. I hate our separate engagements."

"Me too. You know, it'll be even better if you and Vincent join us in Vegas this weekend."

"And spend more time with Rachel than I have to? Hard pass." I sighed as I got up and wore my coat.

"I know that you two haven't been the best of friends, but I think that it'll be good for all of us."

"Well, she invited you, not me. I'll find another event to not bond with her." I laughed as I walked to the closet to get my bag.

"You know that you could try to make more of an effort with her."

"I think I'm tired of trying."

"I think you haven't tried at all. She came, you both hit a rough patch, and you gave up. Vincent put in more effort with me and you know that."

"You are not her. It's easier to deal with you. She is..."

"Going marry your brother. Your reservations about her won't change that. My advice, try to make it work. Even if you know that it won't."

Arthur didn't say much again. When it was time to leave, we walked out to the cars together. As usual, he walked me to my car.

"In case I didn't tell you. You look magnificent today." I smiled and held his hand.

"Thank you. You look as handsome as ever."

"Thank you. Have fun with the group Ok?"

"I will. Enjoy your engagement." He kissed me and helped me get into the car. He shut my door before walking back and getting into his car. I did look magnificent today. I looked cute!