Chapter 6

"Well, it wasn't all bad. I got to travel with him and see him in action. Although, after the first night in the wild, I realised that it wasn't for me." He laughed at my story. We were currently having a conversation as we took a walk around the Palace. Yes, you heard right. He invited me to join him for lunch at the Palace and I accepted. Something about him makes me go out of my way.

"So you were serious about being a National Geographic explorer? You weren't kidding?" He asked in between laughs.

"I wasn't. Luckily, I discovered that it wasn't my calling early in the process. It could've been much worse."

"True. Well, I'm not going to lie to you Toria, the real reason why I called you here is because I need your help."

"I'm all ears."

"You're good with kids and all that right?"

"Mhmm."

"I'm interested in starting this foundation for kids who suffer mental abuse both at home and in school and I could use your help in running it."

"Arthur..."

"Just hear me out before you say no. When I enlisted in the Army, a cadet committed suicide. He was a good guy and my first friend there, but he struggled with antisocial disorder and he was bullied for that. He never said anything to anyone and it killed him on the inside, slowly. His death made me realise that bullying is a real problem that has to be addressed or else, it won't stop affecting thousands of lives. I can't do this alone and that's why I need your help on this one."

"What do you need me to do?"

"I know you don't want to be anywhere near the press but we need them on this one. I've been planning this for a while and I've already gotten everything ready. The launch is tomorrow morning but there's an interview in a few hours and I would love it if you joined me." An interview huh? Well, the thought is good so I guess I can make this work.

"Ok. But promise me something. "

"Anything. "

"You won't hand this off to someone else after the launch and just be a name founder. If you keep running things by yourself, it'll make more of an impact because it's personal to you. Make that promise and I'll do all I can. Hell, I might even help you open a branch of the foundation in Denmark."

"I promise. Thank you Toria, this actually means a lot."

"Well, friends are meant to help each other and we are friends, aren't we?"

"We are. Which brings me to my next reason for inviting you here."

"Ah...another reason. Now I'm wondering if lunch was the major reason for this invite." I said laughing. We had stopped to sit near the rose garden. It really was beautiful.

"It wasn't." He replied laughing.

"I figured. So, why am I really here?"

"We've known each other for a few weeks and in truth, I've never met someone quite as unique as you." This is starting to sound like a marriage proposal. Not that that would be so bad. Look, don't get confused. I think Arthur is a nice and hot guy but he's also a press magnet, I don't want that. But he's so dreamy!

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Truth is, while I've loved being friends with you, I want us to be more. Let me take you out." I smiled shyly as I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"A date Arthur. Are you trying to ask me out on a date?"

"Yes. Would you go on a date with me Victoria?"