Chapter 4

I was asleep when I heard someone knocking on my door. I checked my phone and it was almost 1am. I grabbed my phone and went to the door to see who it was and to my greatest surprise, it was Arthur.

"What are you doing here by this time?" I asked as I opened the door,still blocking his path.

"I needed someone to talk to. That is, if you still need help with that ice cream." He seemed so sad yet angry.

"Of course. Come in." I moved aside and I let him in. He went straight to the couch and just crashed into it. "So you left my door around 11:13pm and an hour and 46 minutes later, you're back here. Only difference is that something has you rattled up this time."

"Get the ice cream and maybe we can talk." I laughed as I got up and headed into the kitchen. I removed the huge ice cream bucket from the freezer and grabbed two spoons and then I went back to the couch. "Oh you weren't joking about the size."

"No I wasn't. My sister sent twelve of these buckets in different flavours to apologise for something." I said as I sat next to him and handed him the spoon. He happily took it and opened the ice cream.

"Ladies first." I gladly took my first scoop and then he joined. "So, what could've been so bad that your sister would send twelve ice cream buckets to apologise for?"

"She brought my mom here."

"What?! She should be set ablaze for this disdainful crime!" He said dramatically and then he started laughing. "I'm guessing your move to London has a lot to do with your mom huh?"

"Yep. Don't get me wrong, I love her but she can be a bit...."

"Overbearing. Not understanding. Cold towards your feelings. Inconsiderate. Selfish."

"All that and more but I don't think we're talking about my mom anymore and if we are, then you need to tell me where you met her cause I've never gotten a more detailed description of her." He let out a small laugh and then continued with the ice cream.

"It's just family drama, you wouldn't understand. "

"Try me." I said challenging his statement. I have been through so much that at this point, I doubt there's nothing I can't relate to.

"Fine. I'm 2nd in the line of succession and the pressure that comes with that is unimaginable for outsiders. My father is putting this fire around me for me to meet up with his unending demands and everyone else simply expects me to handle everything with such...."

"Grace? Simplicity? Power? Or is it elegance?" I asked smiling. I can relate.

"Sometimes I underestimate you. But yes. All of it. I need a break from everything and soon because I'm starting to unravel." A break huh? I don't want to take him because I don't want people assuming the worst. But he needs a break from his family and I need a date. Don't ask him! Don't ask him! Don't...!

"In that case, I have a proposal that could benefit us separately." Don't!

"I'm listening." So now I have his attention. Even if I wanted to turn back, there's no way!

"So, there's this...event at the Palace in Denmark and technically, I have to attend and I also need a plus one, so...." He had this mischievous smile on his face. He knew what I was going to ask him but he wanted me to say it.

"Of course I'll ask George to go with you!" Wait what?! After reading the look on my face, he couldn't hide his laughter anymore. "I'm just pulling your legs but seriously, you know you can take me on a date here in England right? You don't need to take me all the way to Denmark."