New World, Who Dis?

Where the hell am I?

Rain was falling on your face as you sat up, looking around. You were in front of an old house that looked like it was about to fall apart. The windows were blown out and the wood was rotting. At least you thought it was, the only light source you had was the lighting occasionally flashing through the sky. 

The rain seemed to be falling harder and harder as the seconds ticked by and the strong wind blew leaves and grass into your face. You could barely hear frustrated shouting coming from inside the house.

You stand up and inspect any damage possibly taken to you, but you looked just fine.

What the fuck!? You panicked and patted yourself down. There wasn't any evidence of your death. I was blown up by a fucking grenade! Where are my burns and scratches?! Hell, why are my limbs still intact?

After another gust of wind sent a shiver down your spine, you decided to take refuge in the house. You didn't want to freeze to death-

Maybe that's not the best choice of words. For all you knew, you were dead.

You grabbed a large tree branch and held it up like a weapon. You considered that whoever was in there might not be a threat but you quickly remembered what happened the last time you thought that. You ended up on top of a grenade with a few bullets in your leg and shoulder. Carefully, you opened the door and stepped into the seemingly abandoned home. The first thing you noticed was the light coming from the room to your left, it looked like fire.

"Is someone here?" You asked, thinking that you should talk to whoever was shouting earlier. They might be able to tell you where you were.

"In here," a voice said from the room with the fire. You walked into the room and were hit with a sense of familiarity. A black man was standing in the middle of a ring of fire. You shouldn't have found it familiar, but this scene just reminded you of something.

"Are you okay..?" you trail off as you noticed the six purple wings sprouting from his back. You stared in awe at the wings and didn't hear the man try to get your attention.

He followed where your eyes were looking and realized that you could see his wings. "You have the Sight," the man said before raising his voice. "Young lady!"

You jumped and scrambled to apologize. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't be staring but..."

"Humans don't have wings," he finished for you, "I am aware. I am the Archangel Raphael, who are you?"

You quickly introduced yourself before turning your gaze down to the ring of fire and that's when it hits you. The fire, the archangel Raphael, the familiar scene. You were in one of your favourite TV shows before the Apocolypse, Supernatural. It looked like you were also in one of the earlier seasons, season five to be exact. This was the episode when Dean helped Cas look for God but they ended up with nothing.

"Do- do you want some help, Raphael?" You asked slowly, unsure if you should voice your revelation. 

Raphael nodded and you swore you saw his lip curl up into a small smile. "I would appreciate it. You see, this is a ring of Holy Fire that I cannot leave until the fire is put out. There should be some pots outside of the house collecting rainwater, would you be so kind as to get them for me?"

"I'd be happy to," you said with a forced smile. "I'll be right back."

You ran out the door and dropped your stick, still trying to comprehend how you got there. Looking around for the bucket, you try to find a reasonable explanation for this. 

Think. How is all of this possible? Magic doesn't actually exist and, depending on who you ask, neither do any of the Gods, pagan or not. You finally found the bucket around the back and saw that it was full of water. Is this what the afterlife is like? Being put into your favourite TV show? Cause this is some sick joke, I just left and post-apocalyptic world and now I'm in one that's starting to go through its own apocalypse.