I Can Barely Survive My Own Baggage

Crowley walked toward you, Adam, and Cain with his head held high, confidence with each stride. You figured Crowley surveyed the area for other demons and it ended up clear. However, it seemed Crowley had yet to notice Cain and the threat he posed. You reached into your jacket and pretended to grab a knife while you summoned your Archangel Blade and shifted it into a dagger. Your sleeve slid down your arm and covered the Mark of Cain as Crowley slowly got closer, smirking like he outsmarted the Devil. You glanced at Cain once more and saw the hesitance and disdain in his eyes, indicating that the last thing he wanted to do was fight. But you knew he would if Crowley discovered who Cain was exactly, didn't want the fugitive demon to run his mouth after Cain just got his freedom from the Mark.

Raphael, could you do something to hide Cain from Crowley? You asked the Archangel in your head. Crowley will use Cain's whereabouts against him, it might make him our enemy instead of an acquaintance.

Raphael said your name with a teasing tone to his voice..? Do not withhold any more information from me. I know you also want to keep Cain from fighting.

The poor guy just wants to uphold the promise he made to his wife, you responded, sighing.

And I greatly respect his resilience and dedication to his word, Raphael assured you. I'll hide his dark aura from Crowley. But I will step in if either of them starts to fight.

I understand, you sighed, relieved at Raphael's words. Thank you. Cain went to take a step forward but you grabbed his arm, making him raise a brow at you. "We can handle Crowley," you said, giving him a small smile. "You don't need to fight anymore."

"Fine," Cain said, taking a step back with a smile on his face. "But when he figures out who I am, I'm defending my home."

"If," you corrected just as Crowley stepped onto the road.

"Hello there," Crowley said, stepping up to your little group. "The name's Crowley and you three are?"

"Doesn't matter," Adam said, shaking his head. "What do you want?"

"To make an honest deal," Crowley hummed, glancing between you, Cain, and Adam. "I'm a salesman so to speak."

"Not interested," Cain said, shaking his head. You glanced at Cain and saw him eying you, confused that Crowley didn't notice him as he expected. Smiling, you gave Cain a knowing wink before turning your attention back to Crowley.

"Well, you're not the only one here," Crowley said, smirking at Cain.

Adam, knowing very well what exactly Crowley was, decided to play around. "What are you selling?"

"Anything you desire," Crowley said with a prideful glint in his eyes. 

"Sounds too good to be true," you said, walking up to Adam and resting your arm on his arm.

"I guarantee you that it isn't, love," Crowley hummed, his eyes flicking to the weapon in your hand.

"Ooh, don't call me that," you said, tsking as you shook your head. "I'm not your love."

"Are you his, then?" Crowley nodded to Adam, making the two of you laugh.

"Oh, Hell no," Adam laughed, shaking his head. "I don't think I could survive her baggage."

"I can barely survive my baggage," you said, laughing as well before turning back to Crowley. "Oh, how typical of Crossroads Demons," you sighed, smirking at Crowley. "Always assuming to try and get the deal."

"Especially the King of the Crossroads?" Adam asked, raising a brow at you.

"Oh, don't flatter him, Adam," you said, chuckling as you smirked at Crowley. "The poor thing got demoted after trying to kill Lucifer."