Death is a Hazard of Life

"Shit," you cursed, dropping your weight against the back of your chair.

"Surely we still have some time," Raphael suggested but you doubted he even believed his own words. "Do we, Father?"

"No," Chuck sighed, shaking his head. "It will happen soon."

"How soon?" You asked, scared.

"...a few hours at most."

"So it's set in stone, huh?" You asked, forcing a smile.

Chuck slowly nodded, disheartened at the information. You had been a good influence on Raphael and helped everyone in that room out more in six months than anyone had in thousands of years. Maybe Chuck could attempt to change some terms to the Blessings? Currently, if a Blessed Human were to die, their soul would just disappear and scatter its pieces across the world. Since the Blessed's soul would disappear completely, angels wouldn't be able to visit them in Heaven. It gave angels the incentive to carefully choose their Blessed and protect them at all costs. Chuck thought that maybe, just maybe, he could alter it in time so that at least most of your soul would end up in Heaven. He was willing to pull as many strings as he could to keep you in his children's lives, knowing that there was so much more you could do to help them. Who knew, maybe you could convince Gabriel to come back if it came to it.

"Whoa," Lucifer said, raising a hand. "Don't mean to interrupt the waterworks but what the Hell are you talking about?"

"While I was posing as a Prophet, I had a vision of her," Chuck explained as Michael fiddled with his feathers. "I tried to look further as, well, God but the only thing I can see is her death."

Raphael sighed and said your name as he put a hand on your shoulder, his wings drooping. "We initially thought that you or your demons would be responsible but now I'm unsure."

"Well, how do I die?" You asked, wanting some answers. "I know we can't do anything about it now but maybe I can prepare myself for it..?"

"Good luck with that," Sam chuckled nervously. "You know our track record and nothing, in our experience anyway, can prepare you for it."

"Doesn't mean knowing won't hurt," Dean lightly argued, shooting you a pitied look.

"And that doesn't mean I don't want to know," you countered. "I don't care whether it will help or not."

"You aren't learning of it," Raphael interrupted, not even looking at you. Archangels were superior in many ways, mental images being one of them. From a small description, Raphael could easily see the described object or living being at a molecular level in his head alone. Unfortunately, that meant he could also see your death in great detail from the little description Chuck gave him a while ago. Since Raphael had no idea what lead to that specific image, his mind had started thinking of every single way you could have died from a condensed explosion on your side. There were so many possibilities in the beginning but now there were barely any that Raphael could think of since the House of the Blessed was literally the safest place for you to be. Learning of your cause of death would only raise more questions. "It's best if you don't know."

"Raph, even I know that's not fair," Lucifer pointed out. Suddenly taken by an idea, Lucifer's eyes immediately went to Dean Winchester. Flicking his fingers in a come here motion, the Four Rings of the Horsemen flew out of Dean's pocket and into Lucifer's open hand. Dean stood up and went to grab the rings back but Lucifer made Dean sit back down with a flick of his wrist. "Down, boy, I'm going to solve this issue."

"What are you scheming?" Michael asked, raising a brow as Lucifer fiddled with the attached rings.

"Seeing if a friend could help us out," Lucifer shrugged, separating the rings from each other. "Go back to your Masters," Lucifer ordered the inanimate objects and they soon disappeared from his hand. Lucifer waited quietly as Chuck tried to advise him against it but Lucifer was a stubborn creature. Besides, he wanted to know the details of your death... okay, and he knew that Raphael would be a mess, especially after the scare that Lucifer put him through. If anyone could prevent your death, it was Death. "Oh, Death."